Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Banishing the "There's Nothing in the House to Eat" Blues...



Fear not! This is not what is truly happening in my house!  It's just a representation of what the Guppies *think* is happening here!  LOL



I could feel the slightest shift in the atmosphere of my house yesterday....A distant grumble and whine....Off in the distance but most definitely moving closer...A storm was heading my way...It's name?  "MOOOOM! There's nothing in the house to EAAAAAT!"

Melodramatic?  Possibly. But only slightly!  If you have older than toddler aged children you probably can relate!  Haha!

We are seriously getting low on the Guppies "favorite" foods.  Plus we were out of the grab-n-go style breakfast foods that they normally like - the last two croissants eaten in the morning.  

Feeling cold and lazy resourceful, I decided to scour the cabinets/pantry/fridge for inspiration rather than drag myself to the grocery store.  We HAVE food left of course...Just not prepared food, if you know what I mean.



So, I got to work....

I baked off a coffee cake style muffin mix for grab-n-go breakfasts.

I turned some slightly stale Rice Krispies into Rice Krispies treats.

And, last but not least, I took some graham crackers no one wanted, some chocolate chips, and another package of marshmallows and transformed them into baked s'mores bars.



Crisis averted for now!

Since today is supposed to be very rainy, I will most likely end up in the kitchen again this morning, looking for more ingredients to turn into deliciousness.

I guess being lazy motivated to use what's in the house has its benefits!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment