Friday, October 23, 2015
Five Frugal Things...
Here are my 5 frugal things for today.....
1. Attended a FREE lecture given by Wally Lamb at the very local private school in our town! It was great and very inspiring for me! He was doing a book signing after the lecture, which I chose not to do. Even though the school had a book store come in to supply books for purchase, they were all paperback. Having a paperback book signed doesn't make much sense to me - durability speaking. So the temptation was low to "just do it".
2. Papa worked from home today, avoiding the wear and tear on the car and the gas!
3. Papa decided to get his haircut while I was at the lecture. So, I had him drop me off on his way to the barbershop (saving me gas) and then he picked me up afterwards since the timing worked perfectly. Otherwise I would have walked home.
4. I forgot to take the eye round roast out of the freezer for tonight's dinner. Knowing it would never thaw in time, I came up with a Plan B from what is already in the house.
5. Okay, not sure if this one counts but....A good friend of mine invited G2 and I to "Fright Fest" at Six Flags New England the day before Halloween. They have season passes and it's bring a friend free day so we get in free! She is also doing the driving! Yay! Although I am thinking about trying to give her money towards gas at least. Even though the plans aren't for today, it counts right? LOL
***Bonus*** I charged my phone in the car on the way to and from the lecture this morning. Yes, it was only for a total of about twenty minutes BUT I put it on airplane mode to get the maximum charge and it's less electricity I have to use at home.