1. I think I am going to take a break from doing the "Food Waste Friday" posts for a while. They feel stale to me (horrible pun I know! LOL) and not doing anything to help my motivation. My waste has stayed at a fairly consistent level, and though it needs to be addressed/lessened, I just don't seem to be able to break through that threshold yet. I'm hoping a break from blogging about it will help.
2. Tonight Papa, G1, and I are heading about 45 minutes away to redeem an anniversary gift my parents bought us way back in June - tickets to see Motley Crue for their final concert tour. (G2 didn't want to come since she isn't impressed with their drummer - Tommy Lee - and I can't argue with her!) I can't wait! G1 hasn't ever been to a Crue concert so it's going to be a different experience for her than she is used to! Still, aren't you shocked that someone like me could like a group like Motley Crue? Haha! Truth is, I loved heavy metal/hair metal back when I was a teenager! And, even now, I keep up with music - thanks to the girls! - and tend to gravitate towards pop punk and post hardcore.
3. Since it's going to be a very late night (followed by a very early morning getting G2 off and running to the Bar Mitvah she is attending), I am scheduling a post for tomorrow in advance. It's where I FINALLY get the rest of my grocery receipts/totals in so far for this month. I'm a little nervous about seeing the totals because I know I did a bit of damage this past week!
4. Tomorrow night, we have another concert to go to down in New Haven. So, yeah I am anticipating not being able to hear for about....oh, I would say....A MONTH! While it's not very frugal to go to as many concerts as my family does, music is a HUGE part of my family's lives. And, most of the concerts we go to (besides tonight's Crue one) are relatively inexpensive so I am okay with this. And, as with tonight, a lot of times when it's a larger band/venue, the tickets are given to us as gifts.
5. Because I will probably want to come back home and sleep after getting G2 to her outing tomorrow, I will be prepping French Toast Casserole today for tomorrow's brunch. Whoever gets up and is hungry first can throw it in the oven. (G2 will be eating at the Bar Mitvah) Easy Peasy.