Friday, October 16, 2015

Five Things Friday...




1.     I think I am going to take a break from doing the "Food Waste Friday" posts for a while.  They feel stale to me (horrible pun I know!  LOL) and not doing anything to help my motivation.  My waste has stayed at a fairly consistent level, and though it needs to be addressed/lessened, I just don't seem to be able to break through that threshold yet.  I'm hoping a break from blogging about it will help.

2.     Tonight Papa, G1, and I are heading about 45 minutes away to redeem an anniversary gift my parents bought us way back in June - tickets to see Motley Crue for their final concert tour.  (G2 didn't want to come since she isn't impressed with their drummer - Tommy Lee - and I can't argue with her!)  I can't wait!  G1 hasn't ever been to a Crue concert so it's going to be a different experience for her than she is used to!  Still, aren't you shocked that someone like me could like a group like Motley Crue?  Haha!  Truth is, I loved heavy metal/hair metal back when I was a teenager!  And, even now, I keep up with music - thanks to the girls! - and tend to gravitate towards pop punk and post hardcore.

3.     Since it's going to be a very late night (followed by a very early morning getting G2 off and running to the Bar Mitvah she is attending), I am scheduling a post for tomorrow in advance.  It's where I FINALLY get the rest of my grocery receipts/totals in so far for this month.  I'm a little nervous about seeing the totals because I know I did a bit of damage this past week!

4.     Tomorrow night, we have another concert to go to down in New Haven.  So, yeah I am anticipating not being able to hear for about....oh, I would say....A MONTH!  While it's not very frugal to go to as many concerts as my family does, music is a HUGE part of my family's lives.  And, most of the concerts we go to (besides tonight's Crue one) are relatively inexpensive so I am okay with this.  And, as with tonight, a lot of times when it's a larger band/venue, the tickets are given to us as gifts.

5.     Because I will probably want to come back home and sleep after getting G2 to her outing tomorrow, I will be prepping French Toast Casserole today for tomorrow's brunch.  Whoever gets up and is hungry first can throw it in the oven. (G2 will be eating at the Bar Mitvah)  Easy Peasy.

6 comments:

  1. Have fun at the concert! We'll both be out late tonight and both at concerts with our teenage daughters, too funny! I confess that I can't think of a single Motley Crue song although I'm aware of them as a band. I probably DO know of a song, just don't realize it's them. However, I have no idea of what pop punk or post hardcore is. I'm more into smooth jazz, jazz, classical music, with 70s and 70s pop thrown in there.

    Looking forward to seeing your post tomorrow. Have fun and be safe! *but mostly have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Nathalie I should have said my taste in music is all over the place but mostly in the alternative genres. Papa and I love New Orleans style jazz music too. In a given hour I could flip from jazz to pop punk to punk to a little mainstream to freaking Clay Aiken or Josh Groban to post hardcore (think scream-o)to hair metal/heavy metal to 80's pop and to even a little country (but very very little). But our house stays mostly in alternative thanks to the Guppies.
      And, I am lucky enough to say that we dodged the typical teenage girl obsession with Justin Beiber so that is a plus in my book! =)

      Delete
  2. You might not even be able to hear the second concert after the first one :) Hope you have lots of fun. We don't ever go to concerts except for kids music so I am interested in finding out if my little guy might be interested in those when he gets older. My husband and I were trying to figure out which songs were theirs so I googled and saw Dr. Feelgood which we immediately started singing. It looks like Tommy Lee is injured so you might not have him anyway but it said he might be better before your show. Have lots of fun and good luck with the hearing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? We didn't find out until we got there that Tommy Lee was "injured". I only say it in quotes because I don't like him very much because of his very bad attitude. It was fine though because the drummer that filled in was actually a BETTER drummer (IMO) than Tommy Lee anyway! =)
      The concert wasn't as loud as I thought it would be since the last time we saw Crue we literally we pushed back into our seats by the sound waves (No joke!)
      It will be interesting to see what your little guy likes as he grows older. Trust me, our lives have taken so many unforeseen twists and turns that there was no way I could have predicted where we are now. But, as long as the kids are happy and healthy it's all good right?

      Delete
  3. My DH was right there with you at the show (and feeling Alice Cooper's drummer did a much better job!) He was surprised by the amount of pyrotechnics (as was his buddy who is a fireman)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it definitely was a LOT of pyrotechnics! I mean a bass guitar that shoots fire thirty feet in the air? Papa and I talked about how they NEVER could have done this type of show back in the day when they weren't sober. Everyone had to be on their mark for safety reasons Friday night.
      First time ever seeing Alice Cooper (wasn't a huge fan of his music when I was younger) but thought that was pretty awesome to finally see the theatrics of his show. Especially since the guy has to be pushing seventy! I hope I am still that nimble when I get to his age. LOL

      Delete