Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Interview, Insomnia, & My Morning Walk

Happy Monday Tuesday morning!  Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like today is Monday?  =)

Papa's interview went very well yesterday - it lasted 2 1/2 hours!  He seems to like the company a lot and this position would be a great challenge for my easily bored husband!  LOL   We know he is definitely in the running for the position; but, since there are quite a few facets to the job (one of the areas Papa has minimal experience in), we don't know where he stands yet.  Now it's just a waiting game.  Papa is an amazing interviewee so I am just leaving it as....if it's meant to be, it will happen.

Everyone who knows me well knows that I need my sleep!  Always have - even prior to the MS.  Last night, my old friend insomnia paid me a long overdue visit.  The last time I saw him was a good six months ago at least!  I think I lost about two to three hours last night with the rest being that iffy "am I sleeping or not?" kind of state.  Strangely enough, I got out of bed feeling pretty good today.  Bags under my eyes but a good amount of energy nonetheless.  Let's hope I don't crash and burn too early today!

Finally, as I have said before, I take my dog out for a walk every morning  I thought I would share some pictures from my route!  Keep in mind that these are taken from an IPhone camera by a very inexperienced photographer (ME)....




These first two pictures are from the trail near my house.  It's part of the Farmington Canal Greenway system.





My happy almost nine year old puppy!





These last three are some shots of the farm down the street from my house.




Have an awesome day!  I hope to be back later this afternoon to post my menus for the week - I have been following a plan but just haven't had time to post it!

2 comments:

  1. I actually woke up thinking "I need to ask TrayceeBee how her husband's interview went yesterday!" so I'm glad you posted an update. I hope it all works out!

    The pictures of the trail near your house are beautiful! They also remind me of the trail that was built just down the hill from my and my ex's house. The first part of it looks just like that and every time I'd take a walk with the stroller on it, I felt like I was a thousand miles away from Florida, lol.

    So sorry you didn't sleep well. Maybe your mind was on your husband's interview? I hope you get to take a nap this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Nathalie, that was so sweet! =)
      It's possible that I was thinking about the interview subconsciously. I'm not that outwardly concerned about it because I know Papa's job is (relatively) secure right now. But, wow that extra income would help so much!
      No nap for me today! It's already 3:30 and G2 will have her drum lesson here shortly. Believe it or not my energy has continued through out today and I was very productive housekeeping wise!
      I love the path near my house too! It's about five miles through our town and then extends into the next town at least another twenty! Being that close to something that beautiful leaves me without any excuse to NOT get outside and walk!

      Delete