Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What's Been Cooking? Late Weekly Menu Post


Very very late in posting my menu for the week!  But, I have had one in place to follow!  Here's what we have eaten and what is on tap for the rest of the week dinner wise!

Sunday
Taco Night

Monday
Chicken Cutlets in a White Wine/Lemon/Caper Sauce
Mashed potatoes
Sauteed Rainbow Swiss Chard with Garlic

Tuesday
Pumpkin Ravioli in a Browned Butter Sage Sauce
or
Grilled Cheese (Guppies chose this option)

Wednesday
Chicken Casserole
Green Beans with Garlic Butter

Thursday
Shepard's Pie (never made this before so we will see what the Guppies think!)

Friday
TBD 
G2 is at her BFF's to go to dinner, shopping, and then sleepover while
Papa, G1, and I go to a concert so the three of us will probably grab something while we are out

Saturday
Another TBD
G2 has a BarMitvah during the morning/afternoon then she goes straight to a birthday party in the evening
Papa, G1, and I have yet another concert to attend at night.
Thinking maybe sandwiches since I don't want to eat out two nights in a row.



How has your menu planning been going this week?

4 comments:

  1. I actually thought that I was doing pretty well this week but your menu sounds really yummy so I am going to have to come over and have those pumpkin raviolis because no one here will eat those. Do you make them or buy refrigerated or frozen? They sound to die for right now!!! I went to a wedding years ago where the two food choices were some steak that sounded yucky and some fish which I don't eat so I asked for the veggie option and it was amazing because they gave me pumpkin or squash ravioli... three other people at the table were so upset that they didn't get that. I am the least veggie person out there but I was so glad at that I got that :) Might have to indulge for just me to eat them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, no I didn't make them from scratch. They were refrigerated and from Whole Foods (I know that place is more like "Whole Paycheck"!). I still have to blog/add that receipt to my overall grocery total. They weren't too terribly priced actually at 2 packages for $8 and are seriously to die for! We only made one since it was just Papa and me eating them so thankfully we did get two meals out of that eight bucks!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Actually no. I had some 24 hour stomach bug thing and didn't feel like attempting anything new. We just used the ground beef and made cheeseburger wraps and fries. I'm thinking of putting it back on the menu for next week though.

      Delete