Monday, November 23, 2015

Recent Grocery Trips....



Since I have been slacking on my blog, I've decided to group my most recent shopping trips in this one post.  These include what is needed for Thanksgiving.  Yes, I have spent a good chunk of change.  HOWEVER, eleven years ago when we bought our house, we decided to host the holidays for my family since my mom is a night shift nurse.  My parents have always paid for the meal - their rationale is that we cook it and host here so it makes life easier for my mom.  So, keep in mind that I will be getting a portion of what I spent back.  (And, YES!  I am extremely thankful for my parents!)


Aldi: $48.81

Autumnal napkins (Friendsgiving)
French fried onions
Apple cider
2 cans green beans
1 large can of cream of mushroom soup
1 large bag of Jasmine rice
5 lb bag of red potatoes
1 lb bag of carrots
1 bag of onions (I think it was 1 lbs)
1 bag of sweet potatoes
1 small container of fresh mushrooms
2 bags of cranberries
1 bag of packaged stuffing mix
1 container of whipped cream cheese
1 wedge of parm. cheese
16 oz of sour cream
1 package of garlic bread
1 6 count of bagels
1 pint heavy cream
1 bag of powdered sugar
3 imported chocolate bars (first time we tried them!  Yummy!  Buying more for stockings)
1 dozen organic eggs


Stop & Shop  $94.15

1 loaf of rye bread
1 package (8) croissants
1 package (4) raspberry turnovers
1 loaf of white bread
2 lbs butter
1/2 lb deli roast beef
1 lb deli honey maple chicken
1 package ice cream sandwiches
2 packages of frozen bagel bites style mini pizzas
2 coffee cake baking mixes
3 cases of soda
1 package granola bars
1 large bag of potato chips
1 large bag of doritos
1 large bag of tortilla chips
1 can of Aussie hair spray
1 lb of sweet potatoes
3 tomatoes
1.5 lbs of bananas
1 pint of fresh salsa


Big Y  $17.01

1 package (5) croissants
1 lbs deli american cheese
1 jar of mustard
2 packages of english muffins
2 lbs of onions


Stop & Shop  $10.98

1 loaf of white bread
1 jar of mayo
6 bottle of individual sized Snapple
$1 food pantry donation


Stop & Shop around $80.00

Lost this receipt but I know I spent around 80.  Some of this was for G2's Friendsgiving Dinner


Big Y  $127.67

1 bag of wood kindling
1 package (5) croissants
1 package (3) apple strudel
2 pints of heavy cream
2 pints of whipping cream
1 package (18 count) eggs
2 lbs of butter
1 can whipped cream
1 lb of deli american cheese
2 packages (8) hash browns
1 container of cool whip
1 package peanut butter cookie mix
1 large package of toilet paper
48 oz of canola oil
1 loaf of bread
6 cans of veggie broth (for turkey brine)
1 canister of sugar
1 bag of brown sugar
1 large bag of spicy doritos
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 can of evaporated milk
1 large box of Lucky Charms
2 jars of turkey gravy
2 5lbs bags of flour
1 smallish canister of corn meal
1 case of Snapple
2 lbs of fresh green beans
2 lbs of onions
1 package of poultry herbs
1 15lb fresh turkey


Farmers Market: $24.00

2 pints of soup
1 large bunch of sage
1 stalk of brussel sprouts
1 bunch of mustard greens



TOTAL SPENT RECENTLY:  $399.62

WHAT MY PARENTS WILL KICK IN: $200.00

TRUE OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE: $199.62


$199.62 is still a LOT of money!  But, it is coming towards the end of the month, so hopefully my shopping will diminish to just a few odds & ends.  Actually scratch the hopefully - I am going to make this happen!  Oh and after writing this, I do notice how much bread and croissants my family goes through!  Geez Louise!  LOL

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment