Little things have a cumulative effect right? I hope so! After yesterday's post about the groceries, I figured I needed to write this for my own morale. LOL
Here are some of the "little things" we have been doing lately to try to save some money! Nothing on this list is earth shattering or new. Truthfully, some of the stuff I have been doing for awhile and some I should have been doing all along.....
1. Keeping the heat very low (62) when it's on OR turning it off during the day when it's only me & Papa
2. Only charging my laptop when completely necessary instead of plugging it in frequently
3. Turning off desktop gaming computer when not in use - huge electric drain there!
4. Hanging clothes back up that aren't dirty/have only been worn once (besides underwear & socks!!!)
5. Having Papa cut my bangs, let my hair grow, and try to color it myself (savings of $150 per cut & color)
6. Using/repurposing all leftover foods
7. Taking a good look at anything/everything before I throw it out to see if it can be reused in some way
8. Unplugging all electronics when not in use
9. Using the library instead of the bookstore or Kindle (even those $1.99 books add up!)
10. Bringing unwanted things to consignment
11.Using up my stash of cleaning supplies then switching to cheaper/natural options
12.Lining the little critter cages with newspaper first before adding a layer of more expensive bedding
13.Showering every other day - now that it's winter my skin dries out super fast so I do this as I can.
14.Charging my cell phone in the car while driving
15.Using only our bank ATM or getting $$ back at stores to avoid ATM fees
That's all I can think of right now, though I am fairly sure my list is incomplete.
So, I'm turning to you....What little things do you do to save some money? What would you add to my list?