Thursday, December 10, 2015

More Money News...



About the Severance Check...

I am so over Papa's old company at this point and all their excuses!  While I feel badly for the person who was out with the family emergency, someone should have been covering her job for those two weeks!  The company had just laid off 15 people for crying out loud!  Anyway, Papa got an email back last night stating the money should be in the account tomorrow. (I had figured they would wait until the company's next pay day and wouldn't take the time to issue a special check.)  HR did say if the money wasn't there tomorrow they would cut a manual check - but who knows how much longer that will take?!?!  I hope I am a relieved/happy camper come tomorrow morning and not a pissed off one!


On the Job Front...

Things have been slow because of the holidays.  And, like I said before, employers aren't in a huge rush to hire now.  The positions they are posting are most likely for January.  That being said, there is a company interested in Papa and he has a THREE hour interview on Tuesday.  I don't want to say much since this company's HR department said a LOT of people have applied and I don't want to "jinx" my husband here!  LOL  The job has a lot of pros and some cons.  We will see what Tuesday brings.  And, at the very least, maybe he will start getting more calls for interviews sooner than later.


Our Nonexistent Christmas Shopping

If all FINALLY goes well and the money is deposited in our account tomorrow, I can get some shopping done!  I am still going with my mom to the mall in the morning either way.  I may disagree with my parents quite often but they truly are there for us when we need it.  Yesterday my mom found a great deal on the "big thing" G2 wanted for Christmas - as in 1/2 off!  She knew we weren't in the position to buy it right now so she went ahead and grabbed it for us, telling us we can pay her back later!  I have been stressing about things being out of stock by the time I can start shopping so this helped tremendously!




Today I have decided to try to start deep cleaning the kitchen...See how desperate I am to keep busy and make Friday morning come faster?  =)  Have a great Thursday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Yes! Fingers crossed for you on the severance front. Yes, the former company should have had someone covering the HR person's job. They just laid off 15 people for crying out loud.

    Yay for your mom picking up a "big gift"!!!!! Things have a way of working out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let's hope in the next week or so things start to fall back in place a bit!

      Delete
  2. Here is to hoping tomorrow is a great day and Tuesday even better! Have fun with your Mom at the mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be a lot less stressed and have more holiday cheer once I know I can pay my bills for at least a few more months! LOL
      And I am with you about Tuesday! It's now a three and a half hour interview!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I will be a lot less stressed and have more holiday cheer once I know I can pay my bills for at least a few more months! LOL
      And I am with you about Tuesday! It's now a three and a half hour interview!

      Delete