Friday, December 4, 2015

Trying to Stay Occupied....


First of all, thank you for the well wishes yesterday!  I really do appreciate it more than you can imagine!

 It's not even 8 am right now and I have already checked our bank account TWICE!  I just can't help it.  My hope is that the severance check will be direct deposited today - since Fridays used to be payday and it's been more than the seven days revocation period since Papa signed the paperwork and it was delivered.  (Very very happy that I took the extra step in doing certified mail!)  While I know this will be the last large sum of cash we get until Papa is working again, there is something about having it IN the bank that will make me feel less anxious and much more in control.  

Until then, I have been trying my best to stay busy.  Yesterday, I went for another 3 mile jog with Papa because, let's face it, all I could think about then was breathing and surviving!  LOL  Besides that, I have been doing some more deeper style cleaning and just trying to be present in the moment - like when we watched a very cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie last night together.

I'm also trying my hardest to shield most of my anxiety from Papa.  He is so busy applying for positions and networking.  Truly he is doing an amazing job and the last thing I want is for him to feel down/bad about the situation.  Yes, we are in this together but I am not going to add to his anxiety too.  Best to have him focus on what he is doing and let me bear most of the worry.

I'm trying very hard also to not stress about Christmas yet.  It's not like me to not have ANY shopping done by this time and quite a bit of stuff that I want to buy is from Amazon.  I worry that it won't arrive in time for Christmas.  I will hope for a miracle....or at least work my butt off trying to make one happen once I can start shopping!  Like I said previously, I am very thankful that the guppies are older and some of the pressure is off with presents.  We are cutting down our tree tomorrow so hopefully that will put me in a more cheerful mood.  Going to cut our tree down is one of my favorite days of the year.

I'm trying to be grateful.  Grateful for the good things and people we have in our life.  Things could be a LOT worse.....

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Just FYI - Amazon's shipping is really fast right now! I ordered a gift from my MIL to my daughter Black Friday and it was here on Monday, and I chose the free shipping option. Everything will work out. In the meantime, keep doing the great job you're already doing to manage everything well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome news! Let's hope that Amazon continues the great service! I have a bit of a fallback since G1's birthday is in the beginning of January....so if SOME things are here in time, I can save them for her birthday! LOL
      And thanks so much! Sometimes I really don't feel like I am managing anything well! But, I am definitely trying my hardest! =)

      Delete
  2. Do you have Prime? It saves me tons of money AND time. If you have family that has it, you can have them order items for you and ship it to your address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do have Prime since I have a Kindle! I love it! It's been well worth the money!

      Delete
  3. You can get a 30 day Prime trial membership. Amazon just e-mailed me with an offer for 30 day free trial. You can always cancel right before the 30 days is up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, do you have Prime? I have it and love it!

      Delete
  4. The waiting is always the worst and patience is not one of my virtues either :) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete