Monday, December 14, 2015

Working on the Christmas Shopping...



I've started to do a little more Christmas shopping but am nowhere near done.and it's starting to freak me out quite a bit actually.  However I am resisting the urge to just "grab and buy" everything I see!  I continue to make mindful purchases, using coupons when able.  Even if this process slows me down considerably.

Both Guppies have their "big" presents now purchased. (I will tell you what they are AFTER Christmas just in case they decide to check my blog to snoop!)  Later this morning I am heading out to Kohl's to check out some ideas for Papa.  And I will also have a cart full of Amazon stuff I will purchase this afternoon.

We won't be doing much gift giving outside the immediate four of us.  I may possibly make some photo ornaments for a few family members - I'm thinking especially of my newlywed brother since I took some cute pictures at his wedding this past summer.  I will be going to Michael's Crafts today to price out supplies to see if it's cost effective.  Otherwise, the only gifts extended family will be receiving this year are my (many) cookies.

G1 is most likely having a friend from Alabama visit her during our Christmas break.  I will be buying gifts for this friend - but will probably wait until after Christmas since the arrival date is set for 12/28!  Since her friend won't be here until AFTER Christmas anyway, they won't know the date I bought the stuff, right?  LOL

On that note I'm off to get a few things straightened up here before shopping begins!

Oh, and one more thing.....

I am really sorry if I have seemed grumpy over the past few weeks!  I am trying so hard not to be but I know it's been seeping into my posts...

Things should get better soon!  Or at least that's what I keep telling myself!!  Haha

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I did a bit online last night and bought 1 gift today at TJMaxx. Tomorrow is my big day to shop - egad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shopped for a few things on Amazon last night (for Christmas and G1's bday) and will probably go back online today to do a little more! Looks like the UPS man and I are going to be BFF's! Haha!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Glad to hear that you've gotten some Xmas shopping done!

    I had a major surgery 12 days ago, and DH ended up in the hospital last Friday and had surgery unexpectedly today. I still have more shopping to do (we have a 12-year-old and an eight-year-old) but I'm not sure how it's going to happen. I can't drive right now and have been heavily relying on so many people for rides everywhere, childcare, etc., that I don't know if I can ask for anymore. It's always something, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is always something! I hope all goes well with you and your husband's health issues!
      As for the presents, I can see why you are feeling a bit anxious since your youngest is still pretty little...Maybe some online shopping would be the answer instead of having to ask for a ride? Amazon is still guaranteeing delivery before Christmas on a lot of their goods. I placed an order last night and some things are already scheduled to be here by today and tomorrow!
      Take care!!!

      Delete