Sunday, January 3, 2016

A Mini Pantry Challenge....




First off, I cannot believe that Christmas break is just about over!  The Guppies go back to school tomorrow...ALREADY!!  Later this afternoon we say goodbye to P - which is going to be tough for all of us I think!  Plans are already in the works for another (longer) visit this summer.

Anyway....

I looked around my kitchen this morning and was plain shocked at all the food that is in there! While most seasoned frugalistas could probably make it a month or longer with what is lying around, I am setting a goal of not buying anything from the grocery store for at least one week.  When that week is over I will reassess the situation and only buy what is truly needed.  It feels like all the spaces in the kitchen are unorganized and jam packed with crap stuff!  A little clearing out will do wonders for my ability to organize since I am one of the most challenged people you will ever meet organizationally speaking!  LOL

Tomorrow, once the house is semi-quiet again, I will work on a meal plan for the week - something I need to re-implement for 2016.

How about you?  Is your house still bursting at the seams with leftovers and miscellaneous pantry stuff?  Are you trying to spend as little money as possible for January?


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think we are bursting at the seams. We did pretty good last week at eating down the leftovers and "holiday" foods. I am trying not to spend a ton at the store this month though so I am in the use it up mode. Made out my menu plan yesterday and hope I can stick to it (one of my resolutions for 2016) and all I need for it is a pack of hamburger buns! LOL

    I just discovered your blog a few weeks ago and have enjoyed reading it. Here's to a great 2016 for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Glad you like my rambling little blog here! =)
      I too need to do better with menu planning! I find it makes the week go by more smoothly but I have trouble finding the motivation/time to getting it done. It's a goal of mine for this year as well.

      Delete