Saturday, January 23, 2016

Cinnabon Recipe








Sorry I don't have a picture of Papa's cinnamon rolls yet.  We got a late start on them this morning and they are still in the process of baking!  =)


So, for Alison and anyone else interested, here is our cinnamon roll recipe.  I would give credit if I could but we have been using this recipe for at least ten years so I have no idea where the original came from.




Cinnabons



Roll ingredients

½ cup warm water

2 packages of yeast

2 Tablespoons of sugar

3 ½  oz package of vanilla pudding

½ cup butter, melted

2 eggs

1 teaspoon salt

6 cups (or more) AP flour



Filling ingredients

1 cup softened butter

2 cups brown sugar

4 teaspoons cinnamon



Frosting ingredients

8 oz block of cream cheese

½ cup butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 cups powdered sugar

1 Tablespoon milk







Directions:



Combine water, yeast, and sugar.  Stir until dissolved and set aside



Prepare pudding according to package directions.  Add butter, eggs, salt and mix well.  And yeast mixture and blend.



Gradually add flour, knead until smooth, adding more flour as necessary so dough isn’t sticky.

Place in a greased bowl.  Cover and let rise until doubled in size.



Punch down dough and let rise again.



Roll on floured surface to 34x21.  Take the one cup softened butter and spread over surface evenly.  

In bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle on top of butter.



Roll tightly.  Then with knife, notch dough evenly every 2 inches.  Cut into rolls.



Place on lightly greased sheet two inches apart. (Or for easier cleanup, use parchment paper.)



Press lightly on each roll then cover to let rise to double size.



Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.





To Make Frosting:

Place softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, & milk into mixing bowl.  Beat until smooth.  Spread over slightly warm rolls.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my... this sounds decadent! I printed it because I'll have to try to make some to bring to my middle son at some point (i can't have them here or I'll eat the whole pan!). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, TrayceeBee!! This is Dangerous! Do you know these Cinnabons are a weakness of mine? Do you know that by putting this recipe in my hands, you just put 10 pounds on my hips?! Oh, I don't know whether to yell at you or to HUG you for this!! I'll think about it... while I'm making a batch of these Cinnabons! ;)

    ps- Thank you for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, I had to spread the love (and pounds!) around! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many does this recipe make? And thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! We usually get 15 to 16 very large rolls. You can probably get more than that but Papa cuts quite a bit off the end of the rolled up log since there isn't much filling in that part. (We cook the ends and throw it out to the birds/squirrels so it's not a complete waste. lol)

      Delete
    2. These were the best things I have ever made in my life. They taste just like cinnabons but for a fraction of the cost. Thanks so much for the recipe!!

      Delete
    3. Glad you enjoyed them! They are pretty decadent! ;)

      Delete
  5. YUM!! Thanks!! I totally should have made these but still didn't get to it. I really want to know why the cinnamon rolls call for regular flour instead of bread flour because that is what mine does too. Seems strange but glad yours is the same thing!! I had a recipe for homemade pudding powder that I made before instead of store bought but I think that I finished it up and only have chocolate pudding left so I might have to get some pudding to try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of them! =)

      Delete