Thursday, January 7, 2016

Five Frugal Things...





My mood has been kinda "meh" this past week because my MS has been acting up, I'm getting a cold, and am just overall cranky and exhausted.  I have been "on the go" since before Christmas and it's all catching up to me I think. 

Anyway, I feel stuck in one of the moods where you feel exhausted and antsy at the same time.  So I decided to do this post to make me feel a little more accomplished.  =)


1.  I had some potato rolls that were going stale but not moldy yet.  I decided (instead of throwing them out to the animals like I usually would) to cube them, toast them up, and freeze them for the next time I make homemade stuffing.

2.  We are starting to run low-ish on grab and go breakfast items.  I pulled a coffee cake mix out of the pantry to bake up while I toasted the potato rolls.

3.  I am drinking the last bottle of the Snapple flavor no one else likes. (It was part of the variety pack my parents bought us last time we went to Costco.)  When this is gone today, I will refill it with water and use the Crystal Light style flavoring packets no one else is crazy about.

4.  Before recycling the used laundry detergent bottles that have accumulated downstairs in the laundry room, I rinsed them out but into the washer and got enough suds to do one large load of laundry.

5.  I have used my phone a LOT today -which drained the battery to below 50% and it's not even noon yet!  So, instead of plugging it into the wall and charging it here, I will charge it in the car when I have to drive to my BFF's house (ten minutes each way) to let her dog out.  I plan on putting it on airplane mode to get a maximum charge for the short amount of time it will be plugged in.


It's the little things that add up and something I need to remind myself of often.

Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. "you feel exhausted and antsy at the same time" That's it. I can totally relate to that feeling. You've nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best! LOL Sorry you are feeling that way too! It totally sucks, in plain English!

      Delete
  2. I swear it must be the weather! I am so flippin' tired, but I feel I must constantly be doing something. And let me sit still for five minutes and my mind races to the thousands of things I could or should be doing.

    Great job on your Frugal Five!!! Little savings adds up to big savings over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what happens to me! Well, at least yesterday that's what happened! Sometimes the MS fatigue leaves my brain no choice but to turn off and let me sleep. LOL
      Thanks for the encouragement too!!!

      Delete
  3. Good job TrayceeBee! Sorry you're not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nathalie! It happens and I was expecting it to happen at some point around now (after the holidays). The MS flares don't have any true rhyme or reason, however, I do seem to get them after particularly busy/stressful times.

      Delete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon.....at least drinking all the not so favorite flavors you'll get plenty of fluids :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for the much needed laugh!!! =)

      Delete
  5. You are making very frugal choices! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try when I can! I am definitely not known for always making the wisest decisions. ;)

      Delete