Friday, January 22, 2016

January Found Money....




This past Wednesday and Thursday I gathered up all our "found" money and deposited it into my personal checking account.

As of today it stands at:


$46.49
  (It would have been almost double this but you can read below why that it didn't happen.)



So, where did the money that DID make it into the bank come from?  Here's the breakdown...

Bottle Returns:  $7.75  (We were only able to do TWO of the four bags we have too!)
Consignment Check:  $28.84
Money sitting in the account already: $9.90



BUT....
This amount doesn't include the accumulated change I have saved.  This time when I went to CoinStar I checked to see what gift cards they currently were offering since there is no processing fee for gift cards but there is one (I think it's 10.9% or something like that) for a cash out.  Lo and behold, there was Amazon!  So, I now have a gift card for...

$33.16!

Not too shabby!



Happy Friday everyone!

If you are trying to save found money, how did you do this month?

13 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm planning on all my ibotta $$ -using it for Walmart cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I am saving up my Savingstar rebates and putting them in my paypal account. I was kind of lax with it last year, but I am trying to really stretch our dollar this year. So far I have been able to deposit $11 into paypal on items I was going to buy anyway! I also transferred $7 from topcashback from Christmas shopping to an amazon gift card. It is the little things that add up. I really need to look into taking our coins into coinstar. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether it is cash sitting in the bank or a gift card waiting to be spent on something you will need to buy anyway (like a birthday gift??), it is still found cash. Congrats. I think that is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Papa was like we are always using Amazon for something so why not? And thank you!

      Delete
  4. Whether it is cash sitting in the bank or a gift card waiting to be spent on something you will need to buy anyway (like a birthday gift??), it is still found cash. Congrats. I think that is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! I doubt my totals next month will be as high but every little bit helps!

      Delete
  6. good job TrayceeBee! i'm very glad you chose the 0% fee Amazon gift card as opposed to what you were planning on doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BIG THANK YOU TO YOU NATHALIE!!! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even bothered to look! =)

      Delete
  7. That is awesome!!! Always best to avoid the charges and you can use the Amazon card whenever for anything even groceries so I am sure that you will have a great time spending it. I have been working on following Nathalie's lead with a little work on Swagbucks to get one gift card a month which I think that I can do with a few good days of work. We are lucky that our credit union has the coin counting thing for free. We run the stuff through and deposit directly in our account. Here is hoping that you get lots more found money this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish our credit union (USAA) had branches in our neck of the woods, sometimes. I do all my banking online and haven't stepped in an actual bank since 1988, but being able to do the coin sorting thing for free and deposit it to my account would definitely lure me in!

      Delete
    2. Alison, thanks! That is our thinking as well! =) Lucky for you that your bank has this service for free! I have to say though, I am pretty happy that I can stash this cash away on Amazon. It's like an extra slightly less important "emergency" style fund. =)

      I have a friend who used to live in town (originally from Florida and now back in Florida) who has USAA as well and loves it. She said the same thing about not ever stepping into an actual banking branch. I believe she said that it was one of the perks to USAA because they were able to offer customers extras (maybe more interest? I can't remember) since they had no true overhead for branches.

      Delete