Saturday, January 9, 2016

Meal Plan for the Week



Here's what we have been/will be eating over the next week.  I am going to try my best to keep up with the meal planning this year!



Breakfasts

French Toast
Hash brown Patties
Coffee Cake
English Muffins (with butter or jelly)
Homemade Egg McMuffins
Bacon & Eggs
Croissants



Lunches

Hot Dogs
Salads
Seafood Salad (Papa)
Thai Coconut Soup
Granola Bar, String Cheese, Assorted Fruit
Leftovers
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup


Dinners

Saturday
Roasted Chicken Breast with white wine, garlic, and artichoke hearts
Jasmine Rice
Roasted Broccoli

Sunday
(Dinner for one - Me!  Papa & G1 will be going to New Jersey.  G2 has plans with friends.)
Baked Homemade Manicotti (BFF's mom made it!)
Salad
Homemade Garlic Bread (using leftover hamburger buns)

Monday
Cheeseburger Wraps
French Fries
Pickles

Tuesday
Crockpot Beef Stew
Rolls

Wednesday
Turkey (previously cooked but frozen in meal sized bags)
Homemade Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Sauteed Spinach
Roasted Carrots

Thursday
Baked Taco Bowls

Friday
Pancakes
Sausage
Diner style Homefries


I tried to put a bit more "thought" into dinners - using what is on hand/what will be purchased at Shop Rite tomorrow. 

To help streamline the process, I have written down each dinner menu on the corresponding page in my planner.  Hopefully this will help me remember what is scheduled to be made each day and make it easier if I do need to rearrange any meals.


6 comments:

  1. I have two calendars- one with my plans and one with my food. I keep the food on in the drawer in the kitchen so that I am always ready to go and so other people can look too...just in case my husband wants to know. Making a plan is way easier to stick to when you plan ahead!! Wishing you the best luck and I am sure that everyone will enjoy this plan. I am going to come over Sunday for Manicotti :)yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do the two calendar thing as well and kept the "menu" calendar in the kitchen. However, no one really took the time to look at it - it's always easier to just ask Mom right? LOL Now that I have my new 2016 planner pages, I have a TON of room to write (each day is in two page format) so hopefully this works out.
      P.S. You are more than welcome to some Manicotti! Too bad you are so far away! LOL

      Delete
  2. Your menu sounds yummy!! Everything looks like something I would totally fix at my house :-)

    I too have taken to writing the menu down in my planner. I also have a menu board in our kitchen (8x10 photo frame with paper in it) that I write our dinners out on (with dry erase marker) so my husband can make the dinner if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of a menu board! Sadly no one in my house would ever look! Haha
      But, it's a great tool to have - especially if your husband will help cook!

      Delete
  3. You're on a roll! Kudos for having done your menu for the week already... I haven't thought of mine yet but I really ought to do it. It saves a lot of time, money, and aggravation too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathalie, you know what a rarity it is for me to have my menu done already! My hope is that this does help keep the chaos and bills down....as long as I stick with it, of course. LOL

      Delete