Thursday, January 14, 2016

Shop Rite Stock Up



This week I took advantage of Shop Rite's "Can Can" sale.  I did have to refrain from buying more frozen food stuff because my freezer is loaded to the brim.  Otherwise, I think I did fairly well.  Also, note that some of what was purchased is going to be used in next week's meals since I did try to do some "thinking ahead" about that too!  =)  I will be doing my best to stay out of the grocery stores next week (unless there is a really really good loss leader!)



Total Spent This Trip:  $118.93
Total Spent 2016:  $209.53

Here's the breakdown....

Dairy:  $16.70
Pint of ShopRite sour cream
2 packages of Cabot shredded mozzarella
1 Quart of light cream
1 block of Cabot cheddar cheese
1 package of Cabot shredded double cheddar
1/2 gallon of milk
1 block of Shop Rite cream cheese

Veggies:  $16.78
3 large green peppers
3 large red peppers
1 package of Shop Rite baby bella mushrooms
1 large eggplant
3 lbs of onions
1 large package of Shop Rite microwavable spinach
5 lb bag of potatoes

Fruit:  $.80
3 large bananas

Bread:  $2.50
1 package of 6 store made corn muffins

Snacks: $5.38
Newman's pineapple salsa
1 package of pizza goldfish

Drinks:  $22.75
2 8 packs of Hi C juice boxes
1 12 pack of Snapple
5 cases of Pepsi

Bath & Beauty:  $6.35
2 tubes of Aim toothpaste
1 Sauve shower gel
2 Arrid deodorants

Frozen:  $10.63
3 pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream
1 large package of Shop Rite Crinkle Fries

Pantry:  $16.06
4 cans College Inn chicken broth
4 cans College Inn beef broth
2 jars Francesco Rinaldi pasta sauce
1 can of diced chilis
2 cans black beans
2 cans red beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
3 boxes mac n cheese

Paper Goods:  $6.99
12 pack of toilet paper

Cleaning Supplies:  $8.95
1 small bottle of dishwashing liquid
4 bottles of laundry detergent

Misc:  $5.04
Bottle Deposits
Taxes



I am relatively sure I could have done better had I taken the time to look for coupons other than the ones that were "clippable" in the ShopRite flyer.   I did take a quick(ish) look through the coupons I have yet to clip and didn't find any that coordinated with my trip.  Moving forward I do need to make more of an effort with this.

Happy Thursday everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Good going, TrayceeBee, you took a first step by adding up all your buys by categories, which will help you better analyze your spending so this is great! Also, I think that tallying the prices will help you remember what you paid for what so next time you might put something down, remembering that you could get it cheaper somewhere else. Do you have a price book? If not, I would urge you to make one, it really helps. If you keep it on Google Drive, you can even access it from your phone while you're shopping.

    I can't remember if you have an Aldi close by or not, but if you do, their Willow double roll toilet paper sells for $6.99 for 18 rolls.

    Does ShopRite offer digital coupons? I always upload the Publix digital coupons "just in case" although I prefer to use the printable coupons because 1) Swagbucks and 2) multiple prints of them, but it helps with "impulse" buys or when you've forgotten your coupons at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathalie! I gotta admit that it was a tough trip because of how crappy I have been feeling. But, I'm glad I got it done.
      I do not have a price book - but have always wanted to start one. Since I have my receipts so far for this month, now is a pretty good time to try. Thank you for the tip about Google Drive. I think that trying to keep a price book on line will be far less daunting than doing it with pen & paper...easier to point and click rather than erase to rearrange things.
      There is an Aldi near us (about the same distance away as Shop Rite). I have tried their toilet paper but no one in the family was thrilled with it and we went through it a LOT quicker. I try my best not to be brand loyal, but in this case, I stick to the three or four brands that last the longest and the family likes.
      Good question about the digital coupons. I have to be honest and say that I don't know. As a matter of fact, I needed to stop at the courtesy desk to order a new card because I misplaced mine! (That's how infrequent my Shop Rite trips have been!) It's something worth checking into though.

      Delete
    2. You can also redeem a $0.25 for the bananas with Checkout 51, by the way (phone app or via their website). If you use P&G brands (like Charmin), register for their P&G Everyday newsletter and they'll email you coupons (of course they also have coupons you can print via Swagbucks). https://www.pgeveryday.com/tag/printable-coupons

      Delete
    3. I'll have to look into the P&G thing - I know the coupons that come from them in the newspapers have a short expiration date. Maybe these will give me a bit more time to redeem them.
      And I will have to download my receipt for the bananas!

      Delete
  2. We are totally brand specific on the toilet paper too. I bought a cheaper brand and we are keeping it in the guest bathroom on the first floor because we totally hated it. I stock up on the few brands that we like when I can get it as cheap as possible. It seems like such a crazy thing because it is literally trash. Between that and trash bags, it makes me totally upset to pay too much but I hate the low quality ones!! I have a price book in my head but nothing on paper. Even though I like the computer, I would totally put it in the notebook and carry with my coupons. I typed one to teach my couponing class but normally I just try to get the lowest price and stock up on things. What's the can can sale? Certain amount off of canned goods if you buy lots?? Sounds like you got a lot of great things to stock the cupboards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! The Shop Rite "Can Can" sale has been around forever up here. It started off as huge discounts on canned goods (no big purchases required) and has progressed into good deals in other departments besides just canned. It happens (I think) once or twice per year. I did do fairly well I think.
      Of course I got the new flyer for next week and the can can sale continues...I will definitely have to reign my spending in though. =)

      Delete
  3. Check out Livingrichwithcoupons.com. Cindy provides a weekly Shoprite coupon match up complete with links to printable coupons, the savings app matchups (ibotta, snap ect) and also which Shoprite ecoupons to load to your card! I use this as my guide to prep and make a list/ pull coupons before heading to the store. This also lets me keep my eyes open for any instore specials since I know exactly what else I am buying and how much I will spend/ how much is left in the budget. She also does the matchups for many other grocery stores and drug stores. We are a single income family with a 15yo boy so you can imagin how much food we go through, haha.

    Saryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip! I will definitely check her website out later today!
      And, yes, I CAN imagine how much food you must go through....It makes me thankful to have two girls. LOL

      Delete