Monday, January 11, 2016

The Hardest Thing to Consign So Far....


It's not the greatest picture but you get the idea.


Yesterday I blogged about my "freebies" and hinted at the above picture.  Yes, that's an authentic Coach bag.  And, it has been used exactly two times...Once by my BFF (the original owner) who decided it was too small and then once by me.

While I am not your typical girly girl (anymore),  I actually do did love this purse. No rhyme nor reason why... I just did.

But, I was slightly afraid to use it because I didn't want to dirty it.   Seriously, I worried about everywhere I put the thing on the one day I used it!

So, it sat upstairs in my closet...on the top shelf....wrapped in a small towel...all alone.  (No joke!)

And, then I got to thinking....

What good was this purse to me if I was afraid to use it?

And....

More importantly....

What good was this purse if I DID use it but there was no money at all to fill it?

And...

Most importantly....

What good is a freaking purse if I can't pay my bills/am starving?  (A bit of a stretch but you know what I mean.)

So, off it goes to the consignment shop later this morning.

I plan on keeping track of it though.  If it doesn't sell in the allotted three months, it will be coming back home with me and NOT being sent off to be donated like the rest of the stuff the store doesn't sell.  I would bring it back home with me....

To sit back on the closet shelf....

And wait...

While I posted the sucker on Craig's List, Ebay, and Facebook.

Because, it IS a Coach bag afterall...

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Bet it would sell well at auction on ebay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Because, I didn't get a chance to get down to the consignment store today so it's still sitting in my closet. Maybe I will have to consider than instead...I think I will be researching similar bags on Ebay and possibly try it out! =)

      Delete
  2. eBay that bad boy. If you're strapped for cash and spend time worrying about the bag - it's taking up space in your life and not bringing joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I told Sandie, I never did get to the consignment store today as planned. So Ebay may be the better option. And I agree with you about the "not bringing joy" part. Plus it's sorta ridiculous to carry that bag while wearing my usual "mom" uniform anyway! LOL

      Delete