Thursday, January 21, 2016

This Week's Grocery Trips



I ended up shopping a LOT more than originally planned for this week!  Here's the "damage"....

Stop & Shop $13.68

Bread: .99
1 loaf of white bread

Meat: $8.90
1 package of popcorn chicken (G1's Sunday night dinner while we were at G2's concert)
1 lb of Oscar Meyer bacon

Snacks:  1.79
1 package of Cosmic Brownies that G1 begged for...Don't take kids to the store EVER!  Even at 17 years old!  LOL

Pantry:  $2.00
1 bottle of Ken's Honey Mustard dressing







ShopRite: $144.62

Meat: $5.98
1 lb Plumrose Bacon
1 dozen eggs

Dairy: $6.68
1 16oz container of sour cream
1 lb American deli cheese

Vegetables: $4.75
1 bunch mustard greens
1 bunch beets
5 lb bag of potatoes

Fruit: $5.98
1 pint of blueberries
1 large pineapple

Bath:  $23.68
4 Blistexs (The Guppies and I have been having an issue with chapped lips)
3 large packages of feminine products
1 bottle of SR brand motrin (100 caplets)

Bread:  $16.66
*** Went a little crazy here.  Think I was getting hungry while I shopped!***
6 pack of croissants
6 pack of hard rolls
4 pack of cherry turnovers
1 package of French Twists
6 pack of corn muffins
***Honestly, I need to start trying to make bread.  I have a lot of flour and yeast.  I just need to add the motivation and recipes.***

Snacks: $11.99
1 large bag of Wise potato chips
3 packages of Goldfish crackers
1 bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos
1 bag of regular Nacho Doritos

Drinks: $25.48
3 12 packs of Pepsi products
1 12 pack of Snapple
1 package of Crystal Light Lemonade packets
1 gallon of Arizona decaf Iced Tea

Frozen: $4.48
2 packages of Tostitos pizza rolls
1/2 gallon of Turkey Hill ice cream

Pantry: $9.84
3 boxes of Kraft macaroni and cheese
1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts
3 pack of Oodles of Noodles Ramen style soup
1 Heinz ketchup (Papa is brand loyal here)
1 jar of gourmet mustard

Paper Goods: $23.98
2 Charmin Double Roll 24 packs of toilet paper

Taxes and Bottle Returns: $5.33





CVS:  $.84

Bath: .79
1 bottle of Aussie (brand loyal here) hairspray

Taxes:  $.5





Big Y:  $57.14

Kindling: $4.23
2 bags since our wood doesn't seem to be as seasoned as years past and refusing to catch fire quickly

Dairy:  $5.58
2 boxes of Big Y pie crusts

Frozen:  $1.79
1 bag of green peas

Snacks:  $4.50
1 large bag of regular Big Y tortilla chips
1 large bag of Big Y lime tortilla chips

Veggies:  $3.29
1 tub of freshly made salsa
(counting this as veggies since it came from the produce department fresh not canned)

Drinks: $14.98
1 24 pack case of Poland Spring water
1 12 pack of Snapple

Pantry:  $21.57
1 can Big Y cherry pie filling
1 medium sized bag of Basmati rice
1 bottle of sesame oil
1 bottle of soy sauce
1 box chocolate chip muffin mix
1 box of blueberry muffin mix

Misc.:  $1.20
Bottle deposits




Nothing to feel all that proud about with this week's shopping.  BUT, I am still keeping track which is very important to me.  I am quite sure I also have missed some deals.  However, I need to balance doing my best grocery shopping wise and taking care of myself since I have been feeling extremely "off" these past few weeks.

That being said, I would like to extremely limit or possibly eliminate grocery shopping next week to recoup losses from not utilizing coupons/absolute best deals this week.  We will see if I  can do it! Since I did some decent stocking up, I think this is achievable! =)

Monthly Grocery Budget: $584.00 (approx.)
Monies Spent in January til now: $449.19

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to stock up and do the best you can - then since you're not feeling up to par at least you know you all can eat and not spend way more money eating out. Don't beat yourself up. We all do the best we can and it looked like you had lots of food for meals. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal...How are you doing?
      And yes, I do have quite a few menus planned for this weekend and next week! Hopefully we keep power since we are on the "fringe" of the big storm hitting the east coast this weekend.

      Delete
  2. Traceybee, just so that you know there are $1.00 coupons for Charmin available on Coupons.com If you have signed up for Swagbucks, do a search for Swagbucks Coupons and print them from there in order to (eventually) get 10 SB per redeemed coupon. They have Charmin coupons all the time, it seems. You can print each coupon twice. HTH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathalie! I still have to try the Sawbucks coupons! And, I am learning that things take FOREVER to post onto your account since I JUST go credited on 1/16 for things I bought at the beginning of December! Haha
      I HAVE to get better with the couponing for February...

      Delete