Saturday, January 16, 2016

This Week's Meal Plan...



Here's the plan for the upcoming week!




Breakfasts

Oatmeal
English Muffins with butter or jelly
Bagels with butter or cream cheese
Eggs
Hasbrown Patties
Cold Cereal (what's left of it. This has twindled quite nicely)
Pancakes
Banana, Peanut Butter, & Honey breakfast wraps
Cinnamon Rolls




Lunches

Leftovers
Pumpkin Soup
Grilled Cheese
Hot Dogs
Macaroni n Cheese





Dinners

Saturday
Vegetarian Chili with Ciabatta Rolls
or
Leftover Pizza/Calzone

Sunday
Guppy 2 has a concert with her band at a restaurant.  She, Papa, and I will eat dinner there.  G1 doesn't want to attend this time so she will eat leftovers/make something herself from the pantry.

Monday
Steak (frozen leftovers from the large tenderloin we purchased for Christmas and didn't cook)
Mashed potatoes
Frozen corn
Sauteed spinach with garlic

Tuesday
Baked Chicken
Jasmine Rice
Roasted Carrots

Wednesday
Mongolian Beef Crepes
(leftover) Jasmine Rice

Thursday
Pot Roast with carrots and onions
Mashed Potatoes

Friday
Chicken Casserole
Roasted Brussels

This week is a bit heavy on the meat, I know.  However, our freezer is stuffed right now (a GOOD problem to have!) so I want to start utilizing what's in there.

What's cooking in your world?



3 comments:

  1. I have no idea yet, thanks for the reminder that i shoukd work on that!

    What are Moingolian Beef crepes? that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a recipe I found a couple of years ago from (I think) Clean Eating magazine...
      Basically I make a standard crepe and then put a filling inside of sauteed:
      thinly sliced carrot
      thinly sliced onion
      thinly sliced steak
      seasoned with
      salt & pepper
      onion powder
      garlic powder
      cumin
      all to taste.
      I garnish the crepes with a dollop of sour cream too.

      I have made it so many times I don't measure anything anymore and I'm pretty sure I strayed from the original recipe. Haha!

      I'll try to find a link to the original recipe. I'll post it to your blog if I find it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I don't buy beef very often and it's usually the tougher cuts for the crockpot but it sounds like something I could do with chicken or even pork... like a fajita of sorts but in a crepe instead of a tortilla. Now I'm getting hungry all over again!

      Delete