I am utterly beyond exhaustion at this point....
Monday night Guppy 1 came home from a work meeting with a migraine and upset stomach....and has been home from school ever since. What we thought was/would be a simple stomach virus has morphed into something else. G1 wasn't able to eat at all or drink much all day Tuesday and yesterday she woke up with heart palpatations/flutters/pain and numbness/tingling in both her hands and feet. We monitored her all day yesterday and the symptoms didn't improve....
G1 already has a work up scheduled in March at Yale Pediatric Cardiology because she complains about chest pain/skipping heart beats/etc frequently enough to warrant a check - especially when you add her previous eating disorder into the mix. That appointment isn't until the middle of the month, however.
Given that G1 is still on the thin side (albeit now in the low range of normal/healthy) and that the pediatrician and specialist always tell her that she is "one stomach bug away" from possible hospitalization, Papa and I decided to give them a call to determine if a trip to the ER was needed.
While our regular (and favorite) doctor wasn't the one on call last night, we did speak with our next favorite who saw G1 last time and decided she should get the cardiology workup. She agreed with us that this was probably not a true "cardiac event" (read heart attack) and was most likely brought on by dehydration/not eating because she was so sick. She also remembered (or read in G1's chart) there is a history of anxiety so going to the ER could have made it much worse.
We set G1 up last night in our family room on our inflatable mattress with me spending the night on the couch next to her to monitor her. Between checking on her and the horrible storms that went through my area last night, I probably got an hour of sleep at most. Right now I am only awake thanks to pure adrenaline.
I will be calling the Pedi's office when they open at nine and get an appointment with them to have G1 checked out today. I'm not sure they can do much for her at this point but I know that getting that reassurance could help lesson her anxiety (even if she doesn't realize she's feeling anxious) and I am 75% sure she now needs a doctor's note before returning to school since this is Absence Day Three this week.
I just want my kiddo to be okay and back to her normal teenage self.
Keep us and especially G1 in your thoughts not only today but as we go into the new month and await our cardiology appointment.
Hope you all have a great Thursday....