Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Buying More Time....


As time continues progressing, our funds have begun to dwindle.  Finding a new job has turned into a very frustrating process for Papa since he keeps being deemed overqualified for positions comparable to what he used to do.  Yet, he is considered under qualified to make the leap to the next step on the corporate ladder.  So the holding pattern continues here for us...BUT I still have faith that the right position will come along!  =)

Anyway, buying some extra time for Papa to continue searching and still pay the bills was in order.  Luckily for us, it's tax season!  =)

Papa did our taxes last night and I am happy to report that, although we aren't getting as large a refund as last year, we are still getting a nice plump refund.  This will help supplement Papa's unemployment checks and keep us in the black for a good amount longer without tapping into anything else for now.

I would be lying if I told you guys that I stayed positive 100% of the time, but, we are continuing to weather this setback the best we can.
   

4 comments:

  1. Take no offense to this, but seriously hold on to every single penny you can. There's no telling how much longer it will take for Papa to find a job (and he will!). This boost in funds is a blessing, but temporary.

    Know that you are not alone in this journey. I'm having to amp up my frugality skills due to a pay cut. At first I was in panic mode. Now my husband and I are looking at which bills can be reduced. Even the children are in on these conversations, because it affects them as well.

    Positive vibes!!!! We will all survive this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I do recognize that this money is finite. It's prolonging our need to tap into funds we don't necessarily want to tap into. It also conserves those funds IF this unemployment thing goes on for a longer duration.

      Delete
  2. I agree - watch those pennies....it's hard when the refund comes to not rush out and spend it all at once (even if it's used catching up on stuff). Good to see he is still looking with a vengeance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not spending it all at once! LOL And like I said to Stephanie, it just helps close the gap for the moment.
      I haven't posted much about Papa's search because (unfortunately) there hasn't been much to report. He HAS been applying/networking/turning over rocks (haha) every single day! He's not one to just relax and sit around for long periods of time so this is driving him a tad crazy! =)

      Delete