Saturday, February 6, 2016

Costco AGAIN!



Last night my mom called to invite Papa and I BACK to Costco for a larger run.  Yes, I do understand how fortunate I am.  And, it really helps my bottom line, financially. =)

Here's what I was able to get, all free to me:

ST Louis style pork ribs
BBQ sauce
Strawberries
Mini cinnamon apple pinwheels
large package of already roasted/peeled beets
6 count demi baguettes
1 large container of stuffing mushrooms
2 pack of pizza dough
2 pack of tin foil
3 pack of regular Goldfish
4 lbs of bacon
1 gallon 1% milk
5 pack of crescent rolls
flat (35 cans) of diet coke
Costco brand dishwasher tablets
3 pack of Dove body wash
8 lbs butter
1 (5 liter) bottle of distilled white vinegar (for homemade cleaning solutions)
1 large pack of boneless chicken breasts
1 large bag of sweet potatoes
1 quart half/half
1 quart of heavy cream
1 large container of cinnamon
3 jars of pasta sauce
1 very large bag of chocolate chips
1 box (6 bags) of brownie mix
2 pack of vegetable oil
1 large bottle (3 liter)  of olive oil
1 Crystal Light pack
1 container of chocolate covered almonds
1 large bag of Brussel sprouts
1 pack (6) Asian pears
2 pack of Mexican cheese
1 bag of toasted chickpeas (used for snacks)
1 box of Skinny Cow chocolates
1 box of granola bars
1 large bag of chopped kale
1 container of cream cheese


So, a very large order!  LOL  And, while I realize a LOT of the above can be considered "junky" food, it does help make my grocery budget go much farther since the Guppies will have this to choose from and I can focus our $$ on the healthy things we may need for the rest of the month.  I think I could really stay way under the $350 I allocated this month, all thanks to my parents of course.



2 comments:

  1. I would significantly reduce the grocery budget of $350 for this month if I was you. See how far you can stretch these items like you did that chicken. :) I'd take the leftover money and put it in savings or set it aside for one of your guppies music lessons. That way you're already ahead for next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I was thinking too since there are always places the money could be used right now! =) I know we are going to need basic staples - like eggs - but I am going to see how far I can make this go! =)

      Delete