Monday, February 15, 2016

Grocery Shopping....



Just going to keep it real here guys....
I did go grocery shopping again...
Even after the big Costco stock up.



Big Y: $32.72


Misc: $7.73
Bundle of kindling for fireplace
soda deposit
taxes

Beverages: $20.99
3 12 packs of Coke
1 package (10 count) Starbucks coffee

Baking: $4.00
1 package of peanut butter cookie mix
1 5 lb bag of Domino's sugar




Stop & Shop: $91.70

Bread: $1.69
1 loaf of Italian Bread

Dairy:$7.74
7 individual Dannon Light yogurts
1 package of store brand mozzarella cheese

Frozen: $8.98
***Need to return to store!  Was supposed to be 2/$5!***
2 half gallons of ice cream

Beverages; $20.99
1 (10 count) Starbucks K Cups
5   6 packs of Coke products
4 individual Snapples

Meat/Proteins: $9.36
1 lb of ground beef
18 count package of eggs

Snacks: $7.00
2 bags of potato chips
1 large bag of pretzels

Fruit: $11.97
1 pint blueberries
1 pint blackberries
3 lbs of mandarin oranges

Vegetables: $3.99
1 pint of fresh salsa (G1's favorite)

Pantry: $18.18
1 large container of rainbow sprinkles
1 bag of store brand granola
1 container of frosting
1 package of no boil lasagna noodles
2 cans of black beans
2 boxes of peanut butter CapNCrunnch (for Papa)
1 box of store brand "Lucky Charms"

Misc: $1.80
Taxes and Bottle Deposits


Total Spent between these two trips: $124.42
Total Spent for February: $192.74
Total Left for February: $157.26**
**This amount reflects my change in budget this month from $580 to $350**


As I stated in the beginning, I am just keeping it real here.  I'm happy with my progress for this month so far, besides our soda consumption.  And, unfortunately, it's mostly MY problem there and something I need to work on moving forward for my budget and health.

I should be able to easily clear this month's budget cap and I hope to stay out of the grocery stores for at least the rest of this week, if not longer.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Soda and expensive juices can be a budget killer for sure. We took them mostly out of the budget for awhile until we settled down in our spending but I like to save up those Coke points and got a ton of coupons for cases free. We are still working on those but I think that we are quickly running out. My husband also told me that he is almost done with his cranberry juice so I will need to hit the stores to get some more deals on that. This month is going to be a budget buster!! You lowered the budget a lot this month...I obviously missed it but you know you are supposed to take it out a little bit at a time :) Hope everything works out well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, I was able to cut the grocery budget for this month because of the Costco trips my parents gifted me. Otherwise, YES that would be a HUGE decrease! =)

      Delete
  2. Ways to save on soda:
    *watch for sales. If you are realizing they take up a big chunk of your grocery budget, buy them when they are cheapest. Stock up.
    *limit your consumption. Reward yourself to one (or two) a day. Sodas can be huge energy zappers.
    *buy 2 liter bottles. They are cheaper.
    *Coke rewards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,
      I love Coke rewards! But hate that you are limited on how many codes you can redeem per week! I have been "saving" mine to get another Amazon gift card. =)
      2 liter bottles always seem to get wasted here because they go flat so quickly -- even with how fast I go through them! LOL
      I am going to start weaning myself off the soda but have to do it slowly since eliminating caffeine from my diet too quickly triggers migraines for me.

      Delete
    2. Same! One a day keeps the headaches away.

      Delete