Monday, February 22, 2016

When Life Gives You Too Much Leftover Kale....



I grabbed a huge bag of kale on one of the Coscto trips a few weeks ago.  When I say huge, I mean HUGE!  Industrial sized even!  LOL  While we enjoyed (what seemed like) a lot of it, I was still stuck with more than half a bag left and it was threatening to spoil if I didn't do something with it quickly....

My solution?

Kale chips!

I used to buy pre-made/pre-packaged kale chips a LOT last summer.  If you have never tried them, you really should - even if you aren't a real fan of kale.  They are highly addictive and (now I know) easy to make yourself!



Easy Kale Chips

1 or 2 bunches of kale, torn into bite sized pieces with stems removed
2 - 3 T olive oil
Seasonings to taste:
For this first attempt, I kept it simple to a mixture of
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Spread the kale out in a single layer on the sheet (You may need to do more than one batch)
Drizzle the olive oil over the kale
Mix the kale to evenly distribute the oil and then rearrange into single layer again
Sprinkle with your seasoning mixture
Bake ten to twenty minutes or until kale is mostly crispy



I will most definitely be doing this a LOT from now on!  Next time I think I will experiment with sprinkling some freshly grated Parmesan on them while they bake....

YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment