Saturday, March 26, 2016

Busy Baking Day and Egg Hack...



Even though we don't go crazy with the Easter celebrations, there are still things that need to be done!

Yesterday afternoon Papa and I went out to the only mall within the area (about 30 minutes away) to go to a specific store so I could finish getting stuff for the Guppies baskets...sigh....Teenage girls and their brand loyalty!  LOL

I wasn't feeling that great but am very happy that I trudged through the shopping yesterday anyway since today Papa needed to head down to the hospital to spend some time with his brother.  He hasn't been getting many visitors (wife only came down one time in the entire week he has been in) and is pretty bored out of his mind.  Papa and I agreed that he should definitely go down to the hospital to try to cheer him up and break the monotony of the day for his brother.

So....

That leaves me home to try to get some baking accomplished!  I'm not making much but am happy to get the time to do it anyway.  Here's what I need to bake:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Cake

I would also like to get some of the veggie prep done today for Easter dinner.  It would make more room in the fridge if things are more "broken down" AND it will make cooking so much easier if most of the prep work is already done.

Speaking of easy prep work....

Have you guys seen the video going around from Food Network about "baking" and not boiling your hard boil eggs?  Well I tried it yesterday and it totally worked!  If you haven't seen it, here's the "recipe"....

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
Arrange raw eggs in muffin tin (obviously one egg per space!)
Carefully slide tin into oven and set timer for thirty minutes.
Once the eggs are done, immediately shock them in ice water.

Easy Peasy!

Happy Saturday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment