Thursday, March 31, 2016

If You Leave A Mom Home Alone....




...She will make blueberry muffins AND have a completely productive morning!  =)

Yesterday, after Papa left for his interview and the house was quiet, I got my butt into gear!

Here's what I was able to accomplish:

Cleaned the kitchen
Emptied the dishwasher
Took the dog for a quick-ish 20 minute walk
Cleaned up the clothes all over G2's room (I KNOW I should have left it for her to do but...)
Cleaned the bunny cage
Cleaned the hamster cage - for the final time ever  =(  Little guy was sick and passed away last evening
Fed the animals
Prepped for dinner
Emptied both bathroom garbages (Wednesday is garbage night)
Did three full loads of laundry
Located and charged my old Kindle (letting my BIL use it to stream movies while in ICU)
Brought the garbage and recycling out
Weeded through my summer clothes a little
Read a few chapters of a new book


And that was about it before Papa came back home!

It felt good to be able to get so much done without any distractions!  While I love spending time with Papa, it seems I don't get quite as much done as I do when the house is all mine!  Anyone else feel like they are most productive when no one else is around?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. I get very frustrated when I'm trying to do things and I keep getting interrupted. Cooking may be a simple thing to those watching the chef , but when I keep getting interrupted I make mistakes. Also when I'm trying to do work related things I don't want people to constantly interrupt me. Unfortunately, Gpa P sometimes thinks I'm just playing on the computer and not actually doing anything important

    ReplyDelete