Friday, March 25, 2016

Rollercoaster Ride of Highs and Lows.....



This week was seriously FULL of them and have left me quite like the poor guy in the photo above!

Let's go through them....Shall we?


High
Guppy 1 (who has social anxiety) texted me on Tuesday afternoon to say that she was going out to eat with some coworkers between work and their meeting afterwards.  (She usually just comes home for the hour between the two, so this was a huge step.)  And she had a GREAT time and had someone she works with drive her home rather than me picking her up - win for me there!  PLUS...she decided that she wanted to go out on Wednesday night for her coworkers weekly Hibachi night!  That is more than a humongous step!

Low
She woke up the next morning....sick!!  Yup!  No school and no hibachi night for her...Disappointment all around.  Papa and I even decided that we would let her go out to dinner still if she felt better but, alas, she didn't.

High
I just put $19.50 into my car - the first fill up since the middle of January! (YAY!) Then, I drove the car to the middle school to pick up G2 for her orthodontic appointment and...

Low
The car lost heat and the engine's temperature gauge began to creep up!  I made it back and forth from G2's appointment but Papa found, when he went to "bleed" the antifreeze system (cause of the no heat/creeping gauge), that the water pump is starting to "go" too!  We don't want to sink any more money into this car - especially right now with money being tighter - so I am under strict orders to drive my car for "emergencies" only.

High
G1 got a letter in the mail stating her SATs were so high that she should be in AP classes with the possibility of taking college classes at the same time!

Low
Because of G1's attitude regarding school and because she doesn't jump through the hoops like other AP students, this isn't going to happen.

High
 Both the phone and in person interviews have been coming fast and furious now for Papa!  Between this week and next, there will be six in total!

Low
He has to try very very VERY hard not to be distracted and focus on what's going on because his brother is in the hospital again....right now he is in ICU as a matter of fact.  Prognosis is most likely okay but of course he is starting to re-visit the possible liver donation thing.  (((sigh)))

High
G2 has been out almost every single day with her friends afterschool to go walking!

Low
This has been wreaking havoc with my dinner times and driving to pick her up.  The kid has no sense of direction/street names/etc!  So, you can imagine how much fun it is for me to try to determine exactly where she is for me to pick her up.  It's like a real life game of Where's Waldo!  Now, this would be extremely funny IF it wasn't when I was in the middle of cooking dinner half of the time!  LOL

High
After some lengthy conversations with people regarding our current insurance -they were saying we didn't turn in all the forms we needed and were cancelling our insurance as of the end of this month! - I was able to stop the lapse by doing yet another application!  The last women I spoke with said all should be fine with this application since they do, in fact, have the income verification information I sent them at the beginning of last month.

Low
Just received a notice in the mail that we need to resubmit all the verified information again...So much for being all set.



I think there were a lot more of these this week but I just can't think of them at the moment.  As I write this, my head is crammed with all the stuff I still have to accomplish before Easter Sunday!

Hope you all have a great day today!




2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all of the ups and downs. We have had a rough week too but luckily (knock on wood) both the cars are still working. We have been paying for all the medical expenses so I totally understand that unexpected expenses are horrible. Sorry to hear that your car is broken!!! I totally understand that one too but luckily we got a chance to upgrade recently. Hoping that you guys can hold out for awhile too :)

    ReplyDelete