Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day Grocery Costs...




I can't remember the last time we went out to a restaurant on Mother's Day.  Truthfully, I think it was way back in 1989 when I went to a brunch with my high school sweetheart's family!  But, I am pretty confident that if the four of us had gone out this past Sunday, it would have been $100 minimum in my neck of the woods.  Plus, honestly, I haven't been all that much in the mood to "dress up" anyway.  Avoiding the crowds and getting to eat dinner in my PJ's made me much happier!

So, how much did Papa spend on dinner? Here's what he spent at Stop and Shop:

$57.10

Not too shabby considering right?  But, not all that he bought was just for that dinner!
Here's a breakdown....

Money Spent Strictly for Mothers Day Dinner

1.68 lbs of of beef filet $26.86
Ciabatta Baguette  $3.99
1 package of sliced Shitakes $3.99
.93 lb of asparagus $3.71
Beef Broth $1.79

Other Groceries
Arborio Rice (partially for Mother's Day dinner but more than 2/3 of jar left)
4 Apple Turnovers (G1 requested breakfast)
KerryGold unsalted butter (partially for dinner but more than 1/2 left)
1 lemon


Total left for May Groceries:  $284.22 



No comments:

Post a Comment