Saturday, May 7, 2016

Soggy Saturday



Whoa!  This morning was S-O-G-G-Y at the Farmer's Market!  The "Milk Lady" commented on what "brave souls" we were to be out and about.  LOL  We did NOT stay long at the market, trust me!

Here's what we ended up buying...

Total Spent:  $34.00

1 bottle of whole milk
1 small bottle of heavy cream
1 container of salted butter (luxury item to be used only on good bread!)
1 pint of raspberry yogurt
1 pint of lemon yogurt
1 pint of asparagus soup
1 pint of loaded baked potato soup


Left in May Grocery Budget:  $341.32


Papa and I drove over to my parents' house to pick up their mail for them since they are away in Canada for Mother's Day weekend.  While there, I picked up the Coke Rewards caps, some coupon inserts, and a couple of magazines they saved for me.  Also waiting for me was a nice Mother's Day card and $50!  Thanks Mom & Dad!

With the weather so gloomy, I don't feel motivated to do much of anything at all!  G1 is doing some baking today so I'm helping her with things like deciding when her buttermilk pie is done. (Of course I will be one of the official taste testers too!  LOL)

I'm not sure if I will be going to the hospital later today with Papa to visit my MIL.  I know I will feel very guilty if I don't go but... We will be heading over again tomorrow for a visit and there are things I should be doing if I can get my butt in gear!

Hope you all are having a terrific Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment