Thursday, May 5, 2016

This Week's Grocery Totals...



Spending more than half the day at the hospital is continuing to make life a tad more complicated here in my world.  As I dropped G1 off at school today she turned to me and said "I wish life could be normal again.  Even if it's only for a day or two."  Trust me, I feel ya kiddo!  =)

All things considered, I am not doing too terribly on the grocery front.  And, we have NOT been eating out nearly as much as we could be....Mostly thanks to Papa.  I can't tell you how many days we have run home from the hospital with barely enough time to eat before picking the girls up from school where I just want to grab a sandwich from the deli!  Papa has been keeping it in check for me by reminding me we have "such and such" already at home so...Thank You Papa!


Big Y Trip #1:  $115.18
*done Sunday May 1st*


1/2 lb of olives from the olive bar
3 dozen eggs
1 bag of tater tots
3 1/2 gallons of Friendly's ice cream
1 small jar of hot fudge sauce
1 large jar of chocolate sprinkles
1 small container of Crisco
1 large bottle of Heinz ketchup (brand loyal here for Papa)
1 box of peanut butter cookie mix
1 box of granola bars
1 strip (3 count) of yeast
1 bag of honey wheat braided pretzels
1 large bag of dog food
1 large bottle of BBQ sauce
3 packages of English muffins
2 bags of honey BBQ potato chips
3 bags of Doritos
1 bottle maple syrup
3 cases of Coke products
2 lbs of red onions
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 lb of sweet onions
2 bottles of Marie's dressings
1 bag of mini sweet peppers
3 bags of salad mixes

If you are paying close attention (or any attention at all LOL!), you will see that I bought multiples of things and quite a bit of junky junk.  This is part of the summer stock up I am attempting this month.  So, the extras of each snack item (besides the soda) is being stored out of sight and not in the kitchen!  Haha!



Big Y Trip #2:  $11.06
*done Wednesday May 4th*

1 small container of seafood salad (for Papa)
1 large bottle of Sweet Vidalia Onion salad dressing
1 bag of croutons
1.25 lbs of broccoli

This trip was due to poor planning on my part.  I needed the dressing for pasta salad and didn't realize I didn't have any left in the cabinets when I shopped on Sunday.  Ditto on the broccoli.  I underestimated how many croutons we would go through this week since, because of the hospital routine, I have been making us quick salads every day for lunch.  And well, the seafood salad was a treat for Papa.


Total Spent This Week:  $126.14
Left in May Budget:  $375.32



I'm off to get ready for my eye exam!  Have a great day all!




No comments:

Post a Comment