Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Way Behind Today....


We didn't even have a Memorial Day BBQ/party here yet my house is a disaster area! 

But, come to think of it, that's not exactly true since G2 invited friends over on Sunday to walk over to the town parade (our house was closest to the parade route) and the kids ended up staying until 9:30 pm.  Plus did I mention they had a silly string fight AND water balloon fight?  LOL  Thankfully both of those happened OUTside!

Anyway, everywhere I look is TRASHED!  And, this mamma ain't all that happy about it!

Tonight I take a few deep breaths and "discuss" the issues with the family...mainly the Guppies.  What is it about teenagers not picking up their stuff?!?!?  (Sadly, I know I was the same way when I was their age however.) 

This isn't how I plan on spending every day this summer after all.....

Until tonight's discussion can happen though, I will be cleaning....and grumbling...and cleaning some more!

Maybe this is why it feels like a Monday to me!

4 comments:

  1. When you figure out why teens must be slobs - please let me know! I'm thinking of getting a snow shovel and trash barrel in their rooms when they go on their trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of my teens are working this summer, one of them full time hours. Guess what? They still will have chores to do. If they don't get done, they don't get to go out with their friends. I'm finding it's a great motivator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guppy 1 (17 years old) worked throughout the school year doing YMCA aftercare at one of the elementary schools in town. She opted out of doing the Y summer program because it would have been full time. However, since she is no longer working at the Y, she is trying to pick up some night babysitting for the kids she watched since they are begging her! LOL
      However, yes, there will be consequences for things not getting done and the not going out with friends is a great motivator here too!

      Delete