Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Gas & Garbage

Oscar is so cute in this picture but he definitely shouldn't be smiling this week!


Gas
Ah, the gas situation.  Yeah, I am not too happy a camper on this front.  We had to fill up again this past Sunday to the tune of $31.00.  That means we have a mere $61.50 for the rest of the month!  I am going to try my best but this doesn't seem likely anymore.
Yes, I do drive Papa back and forth to work about three days per week since we only have one car at the moment.  BUT, I have been trying to minimize the damage there.  And, what happened last Saturday afternoon didn't help matters.  Allow me to vent....

Papa's mother is in the hospital in the same city as the farmer's market we go to on Saturdays. I tried to think ahead last weekend and packed a cooler for perishables so we could visit Papa's mom after the market - thus killing two birds with one stone.  Perfect idea, right?
It was until, around 4pm, Papa's brother called.  He decided to take the train from his hometown into the city to visit mom but his legs were weak (something he knew before getting on the train by the way) and he couldn't possibly walk the three blocks from the train station to the hospital!  And, could Papa come get him and drive him to the hospital from the train station?  A little over thirty miles and forty plus minutes in the car (round trip) because he couldn't walk three blocks!  Oh, and taking a taxi was out of the question because he didn't have any money on him!
Yeah, I'm still a bit pissed about this one!  LOL
I told Papa after all was said and done that this couldn't happen again. He agreed with me but let's hope we aren't put in the situation again!



Garbage
Three 13 gallon kitchen sized bags again this week! This was partially due to my Operation Clean Out the Fridge/Pantry/Cabinets project.  While I did recycle everything I could, I was still left with a LOT of waste....So much so I may reinstate my "Food Waste Friday" posts again!  Hopefully now that I am (mostly) organized in this area, there won't be as much next week.


And there you have it!  The ugly truth of it!  LOL

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment