Sunday, July 24, 2016

Grocery Trip for the New Week



Late yesterday afternoon I went over to the grocery store to buy stuff for the upcoming week.  Here's what I bought/spent:

Stop & Shop:  $90.70

1 medium sized bag of shredded parmesan cheese
1/3 lb of pitted olives from olive bar
1 bottle of OJ
1 lb of butter
1/3 lb of Boar's Head Honey Maple Chicken from the deli
3/4 lb of store brand sliced American cheese from the deli
5 (32 oz) bottles of Gatorade
1 container of Finish dishwasher tabs
1 large bottle of Ajax dishwashing liquid
3 steaks
3 lbs of 85% lean ground beef
1 bag of store brand croutons
2 packages of Goldfish crackers
1 small bag of dog food
1 package of fresh snap peas
2 medium sized bananas
1 (12oz) package of raspberries
1 (18oz) package of blueberries


I am *hoping* that this will be the last trip of the month for groceries!

Total Spent for July Groceries:  $631.61

Definitely a LOT more than I had planned to spend but it looks like I will stay under the $700 I had mentioned last week or so ago (when I tallied up the receipts and almost passed out!).

Later today I will get my menu plan together for the week.  I'm thinking I want to go back to the weekly breakfast/lunch/dinner format since that seems to work best for me - even if I end up switching dinner nights around.  I'll post that tomorrow morning!

Hope you all have a nice and relaxing Sunday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment