Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hi Guys!


Nope, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth!  I've just been crazy busy!!!  But, in a good way (mostly).

Saturday's trip to Long Island was a lot of fun!  Not only did we get to see a great concert at our favorite small venue, but we also got to catch up with some of our favorite friends that we haven't seen in at least six months.

Sunday Papa was going to visit his mom (ended up driving her from the rehab place to a local hospital to have some bacterial cultures done because they thought there was an infection...more on that in a few.)  G2 went to see her boyfriend. And....

G1, her BFF, and I went on a little adventure!  I LOOOOOVE abandoned sites but my favorite of all are old abandoned towns...the ones that date back from the 1700/1800's where there are just old rock walls and rock house foundations.  Most of these places have ghost stories associated with them as well (which can cause more vandalism and trouble sometimes) and this place is no exception to the ghost stories.  This village was amazing!  Some things were intact so well!  I just have to share some pictures:





The path heading into the abandoned town...You could almost hear the horses and wagons!


A friend Guppy 1 found on the path!

Look at the condition of this old well near a homestead!!!

Well preserved rock house foundation with chimney flue in the middle.

Gorgeous old cemetery with gravestones being taken over by fauna.

Stone steps into graveyard

This gravestone was the only one completely intact and readable.


I took a ton of pictures but I won't bore you with them all!  LOL


As for yesterday....well Papa's mom isn't doing well again.  The cultures the local hospital took grew out way too quickly (meaning honking infection!!)  She had to leave the rehab facility and go back to Yale for treatment.  However, the rehab place was having difficulty obtaining an ambulance/chair car so Papa left work at the end of the day, drove 45 minutes to get her, and then drove BACK to work to get her admitted.  My poor guy didn't get home until after 8:30pm!  And, he is supposed to have a heavy load of work/overtime this week due to people flying here to work on his project!
I'm slightly aggravated at Medicare.  They wouldn't approve my mother in law being at a more clinical type of rehab facility (claimed she didn't need it).  Her doctor even fought it with them but they wouldn't budge!  So here we are with her being transferred back to the (more expensive for Medicare) hospital!  If she were in a facility like her doctor wanted, the infection could have been taken care of there and she could have continued her rehab!  Honestly, I am starting to get worried that she isn't going to be returning to her house ever.  She has had such a difficult time and quite a few infections.  I worry how much her body can handle, you know?
One fun thing DID happen yesterday though...I got to have breakfast with the one and only Ms. Sandie from over at Saving Money In New Haven County!  It was so nice to catch up with her!!!

Today has me getting things ready/finalized for Guppy 2's birthday party tomorrow!  I *think* I have most of the supplies I need (besides the cake and ice cream which I pick up tomorrow!).  I am working out the particulars with driving and it appears I will be in my car A LOT tomorrow shuttling kids to the amusement park (2 trips), heading back home to pick up supplies and cake, getting the keys to the cabin and dropping stuff off there, driving to G2's favorite wing place to pickup a bucket of wings, and then finally going back to the cabin to decorate.  Thankfully, Papa will pick up the pizzas after work before he heads up to spend a little time with us (he's not staying at the cabin overnight).  I am especially thankful for the fact that the kids are old enough to roam the amusement park themselves so I can get everything done!

I hope everyone is having a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your MIL isn't doing so well. I hope that improves soon!

    But I wanted to say that your photos are just amazing! This is the time of year that I really miss PA. Florida is lovely in many ways but right now it's just HOT. Anyway, I always love to see old buildings and ruins. Can you imagine living in some of those places?! They're so small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I always imagine living back then...I've been obsessed with this time period since I was in elementary school! =) And, yes! You see how small those buildings really were!
      Thanks about my mother in law! She's a tough cookie!

      Delete