And I'm not even upset about it!
Last night I had to melt some butter to mix with the Ritz crackers I had for G1's veggie casserole. So, I popped it in a ceramic mug and put in the microwave....Not two seconds later I heard a weird buzzing - like the kind when you accidentally put a flake of metal or foil into it. I turned to see the microwave sparking and the lights inside blinking! I unplugged the thing and checked the inside to make sure there wasn't anything in there that shouldn't be. I checked behind the microwave too. All seemed okay enough. But, it did the same thing when I plugged it in and turned it back on! So, yup! It's toast!
Truthfully? I don't care all that much. Yeah it will be harder to heat up leftovers and I'll have to give the rest of my Costco microwave popcorn to someone but other than that? I'm not all that upset.
The space on my kitchen counters is prime real estate. And this microwave (although on the small side) was taking up room that I could use for other things - like food prep! For awhile now Papa and I were trying to figure out what to do with it....build a shelf under a cabinet, buy a bakers rack? Now I don't need to worry about it.
My family is freaked out about this though. When I told Papa (still at his conference in NYC) he asked if I was sure. Ummmmm, yeah since the last time I checked sparks flying out of a microwave isn't a good sign. The Guppies want to know how we could possibly live without it. I reminded them that the oven is perfectly functional.
Really now people! LOL
Replacing it is so far down on my list of things needed. And, I'm not even sure I WANT to replace it!
All in all....
Thank you Murphy! You did me a favor!
Happy Hump Day!