Monday, July 11, 2016

Updating the Grocery Totals...



Finally got my receipts together to do this!  I hate when I get behind like this because then the tracking feels tedious.  But, I am pushing through!  LOL

Here are my most recent trips, in chronological order:

July 3rd  Stop & Shop: $60.12

2 French Breads
1 lb store brand American cheese
3/4 lb Boar's Head Honey Maple Turkey
2 packages of sparklers (fourth of July)
1 12 pack of Snapple
1 box of peanut butter cookie mix
1 bag of peanut butter chips
2 bags of tortilla chips
2 bags of pizza goldfish
1 bag of pretzels
1 flank steak
1 bag of green beans
1 (16oz) jar of salsa


July 5th  BigY:  $41.92

1 lb of Cabot butter sticks
1 large box of store brand baking soda
1 loaf of store brand bread
1 large bag of dog food
1 medium sized jar of Skippy peanut butter
1 12 packs of Snapple
6 (32oz) bottles of Gatorade


July 7th  Big Y:  $57.10

1 (3 pack) apple strudel
1 (5 pack) croissants
1 package (2) store brand pie crusts
2 (dozen each) store brand eggs
1 box penne pasta
1 bottle salad dressing
4 (6 packs) Coke products
1 (4.5 lbs) whole chicken
2 small bags of pizza dough
1.25 lbs of broccoli crowns
1 bunch of celery
1 (8oz) package of mushrooms
2.5 lbs of cherries
1 pint blueberries
1 small container of seafood salad


July 10th  Stop & Shop:  $16.61

1 bag of store brand hamburger rolls
1 bag of shredded cheddar
1 box (6 count) Italian ice
1 can of black beans
1 jar of pineapple salsa
1.97 lbs of ground beef



Total for July up to this point:  $366.79

So, not to state the obvious or anything (LOL), I have been shopping entirely too much/too often!  I have to find a way to bring my shopping down to grocery stores once per week maximum and then the farmer's market on Saturdays.  I definitely don't want to continue to spend at the rate I am this month because, if I did, I would end up well over $600!!!

I am battening down the hatches and not setting foot into a grocery store until at the earliest this Friday -- the Guppies are NOT happy about this but they will live.

I think my silver linings for this month are:

1.  The first trip listed above included things for the fireworks picnic so I didn't do that bad with that trip.
2.  Most of the groceries needed for G2's birthday at the rented amusement park cabin have been bought already.  Only things left to purchase are:
bottled water
breakfast items (I'm thinking of keeping it easy and doing bagels)
a birthday cake


All in all, I'm glad that I took the time to write this all out/save my receipts.  I think I stopped a train wreck from completely happening with my July groceries!

How are you doing with your July grocery budget?



2 comments:

  1. My husband will be out of town this week and he will have the car so I think I'll do well. Won't be able to go to the store without having to ask someone. I have plenty of food at home and hope to do a little cooking for the freezer while he's gone. Then he's back for a week and I head out to Kentucky to visit a friend for 2 weeks and he doesn't like stores so he'll stay out of them for the most part. Hope to use up lots of pantry items and freezer items this month. My friend paid for my plane ticket as a gift so I'm a happy camper! Amish country here I come and they have Aldi's so whoo hoo! Living in Nevada we don't have either one. The Amish Veggie stands are the best.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize there were Amish in Kentucky! When I think of the Amish, I think Pennsylvania and Ohio. I agree though...It's hard to beat Amish anything!!!

      Delete