Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Burned Out...




I have debated whether or not to write this post all day today. 

In the end...

Here I am.

Life is messy.

And, I am nowhere near perfect.

But, I am going to be honest....

I don't have it in me to tally my August groceries.  I have a decent idea of what was spent and it was way over target.

So, yes, another month screwed up.  I don't think I have reached goal (or very close to goal) since I started this blog - which is extremely depressing at the moment.

I know I need to re-evaluate everything budget wise.  I even know what I have to do to get closer to my budget goals.  It's just in the execution I get lost.

A whole new month begins tomorrow and the guppies are back in school.  Perfect time for me to (yet again) re-focus.

After all, I have to just keep trying to get it right.

For today though, I'm going to sit here and lick my wounds a bit longer.

And rally tomorrow in full force!

One of these days I'll get it right.

It just isn't today.







12 comments:

  1. Do you have a sense of where you are getting off track? Maybe if you post some of your common grocery challenges & perhaps track what you buy and serve for meals for a week, we can all help out with suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! And, last night I was actually thinking about my problem areas grocery wise....Maybe I'll write up a post about them! Thank you for the support! =)

      Delete
  2. Put it in perspective. It's not the end of the world. Shake it off and start over. We all drop the ball once in awhile. It will work itself out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! I keep thinking that at least I am trying but awhile back someone had made a nssty comment about me "always coming up with excuses" and I've never been able to get it out of my head. It's stupid to let one person have that much control over me, I know.

      Delete
  3. I'm always agreeing with Cheryl, LOL don't beat yourself up. The only reason I'm able to keep track is that I start my blog post on my grocery budget and I enter in every receipt as I purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people have no clue what they are spending on groceries and eating out. At least you are trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marybeth! And, yeah at least I'm attempting! =)

      Delete
  5. I went through a long process to find my budget. I actually tracked my spending for a few months to see what the actual spending was. Then I tried to cut back a little each month until it was too hard to make ends meet with the food we had. Then I went back up to my $160 total and went for a year and it worked out okay. I think that figuring out your spending and tracking it is the first big step to figuring out the budget. I am sure you will get it worked out!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, I agree that tracking is key and I've got to stop pulling numbers out of thin air as my "goal" for the month. Also, I need to get it through my thick head that what someone else is able to spend isn't necessarily realistic in my world. Thanks for the kind words! I do feel better today! =)

      Delete
  6. I am over budget this month on groceries as well. But...we did stock up on a lot of items to be used in the months to come. September is a new month and I'm armed with new goals. And if it makes you feel any better, I haven't added up my totals either. I'm a little afraid! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one Stephanie! And, yeah, I am working on my new goals for September too! I think I have a new idea/tool to help me this month! I'll write about it tomorrow but hopefully it will help me get a handle on things!

      Delete
  7. I blew it in august too - no point beating ourselves up over the stuff we did in the past - just start over. September is here so you'll do better this month

    ReplyDelete