Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Good News!



Very excited to be able to say that my new MRI showed...

NO NEW MS LESIONS!!!

Truly, after being off my medications for nine months - I took the time and counted, I feel like I dodged a bullet.  Papa and I are so relieved!

Now, onto the task of deciding which new medication to try....

The neurologist sent us home with  packets for the three oral drugs out there since I would ***really*** like to not have to do injections anymore.  There is a lot of information to read and process before deciding but thankfully we have until the 13th of September to do it!  (My next appointment)

I know I have said this before, but I LOVE my doctor!  When I mentioned the possibility of insurance giving us a hard time with choosing an oral over a (cheaper) injectable, he told us not to worry.  He will make sure I get the medication I prefer.  As he put it,  he's "up for a fight".

Seriously, between him and Papa, I know that I am in good hands.


Now, fingers crossed that G2 had a nice day at freshmen orientation!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm curious, you said you were having back pain. Did you get that checked out? I'm having that too and have to get tests done. The pain sucks. You'll have good luck on your September appt. that's my birthday. 13 is a lucky number :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned it to the neuro but he didn't think it was MS related. The back pain is still here and getting worse actually by the day - although it does seem to be responding to heat a little bit. My mom is a nurse and thinks I need to get a Lyme's test since I tend to spend a lot of time outdoors in the woods. What tests are you going in for? And, happy early birthday!

      Delete
    2. Last November I had really bad lower back pain on the right side and it turned out to be a kidney infection. The back pin started again a month ago and I was given antibiotics and pain meds. The antibiotics didn't seem to do anything. Back pain is still there and getting worse. I work so it's horrible. I'm having a kidney and bladder ultrasound on 9/7. Soonest I could get. HMO insurance is just wonderful! LOL. I'm having blood work and a chest xray this week. I hate having to take pain meds especially at work. I can't even bend down to pick something up. So we'll see what happens.

      Delete
    3. Oh no! That's awful! I'll be thinking o you and hoping for a good/easy diagnosis and something the doctors can easily/quickly fix!

      Delete
  2. So glad that there are no new lesions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too! I turned to Papa and told him it felt like we dodged a bunch of bullets with this one!

      Delete