Monday, August 15, 2016

Off to Tackle Kingda Ka and Saving a Huge Chunk of Change!



The above picture is Kingda Ka...A well known (and scary!) rollercoaster at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey!  See the big tower looking thing at the end of the picture?  That's where I think the rollercoaster climbs and descends and supposedly is tall enough that the Statue of Liberty and her torch can fit under it! Oh, and to get up that big incline?  It goes from 0 to 128 miles per hour in 3.8 seconds!

So, of course it's on everyone's Summer Bucket List!

G2, her BFF, and BFF's "Auntie" will be going later this week or next week.  And, Auntie's treat so that's very helpful!  Thank you Auntie!!!

That leaves me to take G1 and her BFF.

Day admission prices for amusement parks are pretty steep and this one isn't any different...
Seventy seven bucks and change!

But, a quick trip to my local AAA office and literally less than one hour of my time - including the round trip drive - cut my costs considerably!

Total price for all three tickets....

$129.45!

which works out to be just $43.15 per ticket!

And an over $100 savings!

This is a planned summer expense and I love that I have even more wiggle room now to put towards "linner" or to tuck away into savings.

Wish me luck getting us there and getting off this ride alive!

Bahahaha!

Great way to spend a Monday!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with that! There is no way I would ever go on that, but then again I am a scaredy cat when it comes to roller coasters. LOL Great job on the savings on the tickets! Hope you guys have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy long day! But, lots of fun! The rollercoaster did NOT disappoint! And all the other rides were pretty damn fun too! =)

      Delete
  2. Girl after me own heart, finding a way to save $$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but I have TONS left to learn from you! Trust me on that! I also saved a TON of cash by purchasing the larger free refill "souvenir" style drink cup...very pricey at $12.99 (times 3) BUT it was scorchingly hot yesterday and, considering sodas and water were going for a good $5+ per bottle, they more then paid for themselves at the end of the day! G1's BFF refilled hers at least EIGHT times while I know G1 and I refilled around five or six!

      Delete