Monday, September 19, 2016

Day Book Time



So, it's gloomy and rainy outside today.  We need the rain badly but it's making me so sleepy!  Not a whole lot going on today so I figured a day book entry is in order....

Out my window....
Rain, rain, rain!  There are a few cars going by as well but, for the most part, there's not a whole lot happening out there.

I'm hearing....
Some documentary that G2 and her boyfriend are watching on Netflix.  And, the rain hitting the a/c unit in the dining room.

I'm wearing...
Black short sleeved t-shirt, navy blue shorts, white Converse sneakers.

I'm creating...
Does dinner count?  Because that's all that is happening today I think.

I'm hoping...
My brother in law pulls out of his latest crisis.  He's back in the hospital again with a very nasty leg infection (everyone suspects it's staph).  If things get under control with this newest setback, Papa is going to try to persuade him to go to a rehab facility since he screwed up and drank again two days ago.  He is much better off in a controlled environment since some of the other people in my mother in law's house (not my mother in law though!) seem to thinks it's perfectly fine to keep alcohol not only in the house but out in the open!  Yes, it is his problem and his decision to drink.  But, it's ridiculous that there are cases of alcohol being left around the house and completely accessible.

I'm thankful for...
Papa.  I know I sound like a broken record, but seriously, I am very thankful for him and the life we built together.  We aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination and have our financial issues but I wouldn't give up my life for anything in the world!  And, lately, Papa has been pulling double duty dealing with his brother and then trying to help me come to terms with my new medication choice.

Looking ahead this week...
There isn't too much scheduled on the calendar for this week so hopefully it will be on the quiet side.  I would like to organize my kitchen pantry/cabinets and continue to use up the items languishing in there!  Also, catching up on the laundry would be nice.  LOL  Besides that, I hope to get some more reading and possibly writing squeezed into this week.

Picture I'm sharing...
This is a picture from our latest adventure.  We stumbled on an old abandoned house a few weekends ago that still had this baby grand piano in it!  How crazy is that?  And, no.  We didn't hit any of the keys to see if it worked still!  See the brownish thing on top of the piano?  That is a birds nest!

2 comments:

  1. That piano just kills me. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I thought of you when I saw it! It was absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had taken the time to see who the maker was! And, truthfully, I wish I had hit a key or two because I'm curious if it would still play....Oh well. =)

      Delete