Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Microwaving Popcorn Without A Microwave....



Remember how my microwave broke and I decided we didn't need a new one?  Yep, still going strong without a microwave!  I love the added counter space since my workspace is limited and I have found ways to reheat/reuse leftovers using "old fashioned" ways.

I have even (gasp) been using regular popcorn and my hot air popper!

BUT....

Guppy 2 was dying the other night for popcorn and I had run out of the regular kernels.  I did however have a rather large stash of microwave popcorn languishing in my pantry.  And, I had an idea....

I opened the package of microwave popcorn and dumped it into a heavy saucepan with a lid.  I dumped ALL of the goop - and yes goop is a technical term! - into the saucepan and waited to see if any kernels would pop.  And guess what?  It worked!  I had a beautiful bowl of UN-microwaved microwave popcorn within less than five minutes!  And it tasted perfectly fine!

I'm thrilled to have found a way to use up my stash!  But, I admit, I will go back to my air popper ways once all the microwave stuff is gone since I am fairly sure that way is cheaper in the long run!

Right now, I'll keep focusing on the little wins!  =)



1 comment: