Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sticking Close to Home Today....

Last night, around 8 pm, I swallowed the first pill of my Tecfidera starter pack - they put you on half doses for the first seven days.  And everyone basically sat around the living room watching TV (and me!) waiting to see if I would have any reaction.  Guess what?  I didn't spontaneously combust or leak fluid out of every orifice!  Haha!  Seriously though, nothing strange happened and I went to bed relieved at 10:30 pm!

And then....

Woke up around 12:30 because my chest felt like it was constricting and on fire!  Ah, the flushing symptom....

I kept my big girl panties on and tried to manage it without panicking (too much) and waking Papa up.  Even though it felt like forever, it began to subside after a few minutes.  But, I guess that means I'm not quite as immune to side effects as I originally hoped when I went to bed last evening!

Since today is my first "full" day on the new medication, I plan on sticking close to home.  Actually the only times I plan on going out at all today is to pick the Guppies up from school and to (hopefully) walk the dog.  

I'm in the process of making a "to do" list that will both keep me busy but semi-relaxed today.  So far, here's what I plan on doing:

Laundry
Walk the dog
Sweep the downstairs
Organize some of my more recent writing so I can get back to that this weekend
Read a couple of chapters in the new book I started
Tidy up and vacuum the family room
Make a few phone calls to see if I can gain permission to do G1's photo shoot at her favorite abandoned location's grounds
Update my financial notebook

Now, I'm not sure I will be able to accomplish all of this since I don't know what (if anything) is going to happen to me side effect wise today.  But, I'm happy to have something to concentrate on instead of just sitting around waiting for something to *possibly* happen side effect wise.

Trying to stay more positive today....I had a nice talk with a good friend (Thanks Ms. Sandie!) which helped a lot.  Plus the sleep I was able to get last night helped put some distance between me and the yucky mood I was in yesterday.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!


3 comments:

  1. Remember to just breathe and try not to panic. And I probably wouldn't do too much physical activity. Getting hot could possibly make the flushing worse.

    Best wishes to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete