Friday, September 23, 2016

Time Equals Money Saved!




Right after lunch yesterday I received a phone call from the specialty pharmacy handling my new MS medication.  All the paperwork was in and insurance approved the new meds!  (Yay!)

However...

Insurance was leaving me with a copay of:
$120 for the "starter pack"
and
$120 per month!

Ummm....No?

Since I knew that Biogen (the company that manufactures my new med) offers a $0 Copay program, I told the pharmacy to hold up on setting up my delivery and called Biogen back.  It took 28 minutes of my time but I was approved!  No out of pocket expenses for me (same as when I was on my injectables with another manufacturer)!

$1560 (savings for the year) is a damn good rate of return for such a small amount of time!

My Tecfidera arrives next Tuesday so my new medication adventure starts early Wednesday morning.


3 comments:

  1. Whew! Good for you for picking up the phone! That saved you a big chunk of change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? There was NO WAY I could/would afford that much per month so I'm glad that the company has the zero copay plan in place!

      Delete