Sunday, September 18, 2016

What We Ate Last Week!



I've decided to change things up a bit and post what we ate AFTER the fact!  I'm finding that it's sort of like the whole finance notebook thing...I don't want to have to write down that we ate takeout so I find myself looking for dinner solutions instead!  So, I'm going to try posting this way for a bit and see if I have more success!!

Sunday Dinner
After being out until after 5:30pm, I really didn't want to have to cook anything for dinner!  But, I still did it!  Here's what I made:
Chicken cutlets in a mushroom, garlic and chicken broth sauce (ran out of white wine)
Roasted sweet potato bites (cut the potatoes up small so they would cook faster)
Rainbow chard and Dandelion greens in garlic/olive oil
Roasted garlic with sourdough baguette


Monday Dinner
Monday was nuts because the Guppies' school was let out an hour after morning arrival due to a pipe bursting.  So, I ended up driving kids around to various places since G1 had a friend over and G2 had her boyfriend over!  Since G2 and boyfriend were meeting their friends at the local sushi place (out of her allowance) for dinner and G1 had eaten a later lunch (out of her allowance) with her friend, it was a kind of leftover/catch all night.
G1's Meal:
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, and Toast
Papa's Meal:
Seafood salad on a croissant with a side of chips
My Meal:
Since I wasn't very hungry myself, I ended up eating two pieces of peanut butter toast....I know, I know...I rocked it on the nutrition front!  Haha!


Tuesday Dinner
I knew I had a 4pm appointment with my neurologist so I planned ahead and pulled out the crockpot.
We had:
Beef Stew
Buttermilk Biscuits


Wednesday Dinner
Guppy 2 had her drum lessons which meant I would be guaranteed to be home around dinner time.  I decided to make:
Mustard & Maple Pork Chops
Stuffing (for G2)
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Beets


Thursday Dinner
Thursday was not a good day here.  Well, at least the morning wasn't great.  To be honest, if  I wasn't keeping my financial notebook and seen how many "takeout" lunches there have already been, I would most likely have caved in and gotten take out yet again. BUT, I didn't and made something easy:
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers
Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes
Pickles


Friday Dinner
I opted to go the easy route again:
Baked Ziti
Garlic Green Beans
Italian Bread with butter and roasted garlic


Saturday Dinner
Another night of shuttling G2 so I needed something quick and easy for the rest of the family.  (G2 ate out with her friend while watching the high school marching band compete.  We won first place so G2 and her boyfriend (drummer for marching band) were happy.
Simplest meal next to takeout:
Spicy Udon


And there's our week's meal at a glimpse!  Anything good on your dinner table lately?





2 comments:

  1. It is a great way to do it!! I know that I need the planning and usually post a little bit of how the previous week went. It helps keep you accountable. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still have a menu in mind before the week starts but found that, once I posted it, I didn't stay accountable! LOL

      Delete