Saturday, September 24, 2016

What We Ate This Week!


This past week (for the most part) seemed to have the theme of "easy" written all over it!  Nothing terribly creative or difficult was made but it kept us out of restaurants/fast food places so it's a win in my book!  =)

Sunday Dinner
It was just three of us...G1, Papa, & me.  So, I made one of G1's favorites:
Vegetable Fried Rice


Monday Dinner
Rainy day here so I really felt like making something in the oven - even though it was still fairly muggy out.
Roast Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Yams
Roasted Asparagus


Tuesday Dinner
Choice of:
Stuffed Shells (freezer asset)
or
Chicken Casserole


Wednesday Dinner
Crock pot BBQ Flank Steak Sandwiches*
Au Gratin Potatoes
Garlic Green Beans
*I won't be making this again!  It was okay to choke down once but YUCK!
Apple Crisp with Whipped Cream


Thursday Dinner
Hamburger/Cheeseburger Wraps
Hash browns
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Confectioner Sugar Icing


Friday Dinner
G1 had her BFF sleepover and G2 went to the high school football game so dinner had to be quick/cheap/easy.  I knew this when I went grocery shopping in the morning so I picked up a "take and bake" pizza from Big Y for $5.99 - which is still half the price of the cheapest pizza place in our town!
Take and Bake Cheese Pizza
Spicy Salad mix (for Papa and me)


Saturday Dinner
Busy day of errands and adventuring!  We needed a quick and vegetarian dinner since G1's BFF was still here so I went to my "Go To":
Spicy Udon



And....

That was our week of dinners!  Another successful week of NOT eating out!

Happy Saturday!






3 comments:

  1. Lol @ the choke down. Where did you get the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a quick internet search for crock pot flank steak recipes. I think this one was on either all recipes or a taste of home. So gross! Texture was nasty - it shredded fine but seemed dry at the same time!

      Delete
    2. Funny because I thought it sounded good to and sorry it turned out bad. We get those every once in awhile and that has been why I am going with lots of recipes that wonderful blogging friends like you recommend...not adding that to the list any time soon :)

      Delete