Saturday, October 29, 2016

Dinner Time This Week!


Still in the dinner time rut!  Hopefully all those magazines I picked up from the library will offer some inspiration!  Anyway, here's how we did this week!

Sunday Dinner
The original plan was mini turkey meatloaves.  However, Guppy 1 and I were gone on our adventure a little longer than I expected AND Guppy 2 begged for something different since she was stuck at home working on a lab report all day.  I gave in and Chinese it was!  This lasted dinner and two more lunches for the Guppies!

Monday Dinner
Big Time FAIL:  Turkey for the mini meatloaves went baaaaad!  I wanted to throw in the towel and do another night of take out but I took a breathe and assessed the situation.  I had everything I need for sides but not the main. So I ran to Big Y and bought a....
Rotisserie chicken
Roasted baby potatoes
Green beans with garlic

Tuesday Dinner
Breakfast for dinner:
Dutch Baby Pancake
Bacon
Diner style home fries

Wednesday Dinner
It was super cold out and I wanted to cook something in the oven for the residual heat! I have my furnace on (sadly) but still anything I can do to keep it from clicking on constantly is a win!
Garlic & Onion Pork Roast
Choice of:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
or
Mashed Potatoes
Brown Sugar Dumpling Squash

Thursday Dinner
Cold and raw day with snow/sleet/rain mix.  Pulled out the crockpot and made:
Beef Stew
Buttermilk Biscuits

Friday Dinner
Guppy 2 went out with her boyfriend to a local burger place for dinner.
The rest of us had:
Veggie Fried Rice (one of Guppy 1's favorites!)

Saturday Dinner
Guppy 2 is attending a Halloween party and will eat there.
Guppy 1 and her friend are going to order pizza to be delivered to our house.
Papa & I will be helping my brother move so we will either eat leftover pizza once we get home or I'll make us pumpkin ravioli with sage butter sauce.

8 comments:

  1. What is brown sugar dumpling squash? It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dumpling squash is a specific type of squash that I buy and it's baked off in an oven filled with butter and brown sugar and sprinkled with salt & pepper! =)

      Delete
  2. I bought some pumpkin gnochi at Aldi and I was thinking that I need to make your butter sage sauce because I think that sounds great. How do you do it??? Just butter and sage?? Do you brown it??? I can't wait to try them :) My husband might just put red sauce on them like normal ones but I am in on trying the sage butter!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I just take the easy route Alison and melt the butter with sage leaves. ;) Lazy but delicious!

      Delete
    2. YUM!! I don't have fresh sage. I wonder if it would be could with dried sage or if I should do rosemary which I do have fresh!! Tough decisions :) I am sure it will be great!

      Delete
    3. Did you try the rosemary? That sounds so good too! I would love to know how it worked out!

      Delete
  3. I won dear how ghee would work with the sage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghee would be divine! What a great idea Sandie!!!!

      Delete