Saturday, October 8, 2016

Farmers Market Finds & Saturday Plans



This is my favorite time of the year to hit the farmers market! There is something about seeing all the apples, winter squashes, and pumpkins that makes me happy!  Since we are heading off to a farm next weekend to go pumpkin picking, I left empty handed (for now) and kept to the things we needed.

Total Spent:  $38
2 bottles of whole milk
1 bottle of heavy cream
1 pint of blueberry yogurt
1 pint of cherry yogurt
1 bunch of baby leeks
1/2 dozen cider donuts (we haven't done these all season yet so it was a real treat!)
1 pint of butternut squash bourbon soup
1 pint of Tuscan white bean soup

I have a feeling, over the upcoming month, I will be hauling a LOT more stuff home from the farmers market!



As for our Saturday plans....

Guppy 2 is going to the high school later this afternoon to cheer her boyfriend on in his marching band competition.  Apparently this particular competition is a big deal...especially since it's on our high school's "home turf".

Guppy 1 seems to have gotten the worst of this cold thing floating through our house so she has no plans today other than to stay home and sleep/veg out.

Papa's friend is having a pig roast later this afternoon and invited us to go.  I love this friend and his wife but not the idea of a pig roast.  (My brother did the same thing for his wedding and we were all grossed out by seeing the whole pig.  I think it hit a little close to home about what we were actually eating, you know?)  We will probably go, hang out for a little while, and then eat dinner at home!  Haha!

And, of course there is still the usual to do around the house...dishes, laundry, etc.  Plus I HAVE to buckle down and finish the September grocery totals...I don't know exactly why I keep putting this off since I truly have loved having the financial notebook now.  I guess I am just being weirder than usual!  LOL

Have a great Saturday everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment