Monday, October 17, 2016

Free Pumpkins!

I believe Linus would be in heaven!  Sincerity as far as the eye could see!  LOL


As per our usual tradition...

On Saturday Papa, the Guppies, & I set off to our favorite farm in Shelton to get pumpkins.  We met our parents there per tradition as well.  (Yeah, I'm talking to my mom again....for now.  We will see how this goes)  We have been doing this every year for 18 years now and the guppies look forward to it still.

We love this place!  The above picture isn't even 1/6 of what's offered at the farm in October!  There are tractor rides to the pumpkin fields to pick your own there if you can't find exactly what you are looking for in the many groupings of pumpkins in the main areas.  There is a smallish corn maze, wooden buildings for the little kids to run around through, lots of picture taking spots near very large pumpkins, apples, all types of winter squashes, gourds, chickens, and even....

a couple of baby pigs!


It's sad to think that this is possibly the last year we will have G1 with us to do this! (sniff sniff)

Anyway, we learned long ago that the pricing here is relative at best and you tend to get a better deal on what you buy when you buy more!  As per tradition, my parents picked up the tab as well.
Here's what we got:

4 jack-be-littles (only thing my parents got for their house since they will be away on 10/31)
2 other tiny pumpkins with long curly stems (can't remember their name though)
4 good sized sugar pumpkins for baking
2 monstrous sized jack o lantern pumpkins (at least 30lbs each)
2 acorn squash
2 dumpling squash
1 delicate squash

All of the above came to just....

$65!

Some of you may be shaking your head, but trust me when I say this is a great price for this farm!  The two jack o lantern pumpkins alone should have come to more than 1/2 of this total! 

Anyway, my parents were shocked that we came out with so much for so little as well.

Definitely a nice little helping hand with my October/early November grocery bill too!

Happy Monday!






2 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear that you and your Mom are speaking again. I know how families can get..trust me...with 6 brothers and sisters in my family... there is always some drama going on. Throw in the spouses/partners...and all hell breaks loose! My Mom died suddenly 26 years ago..a blood clot, knee surgery. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and wish I could see her, one more time. You mending fences with your Mom, makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest, this is a great price for our area.

    ReplyDelete