Sunday, October 9, 2016

On the Dinner Table This Week!



Phew!  What a week!  Let's see how I faired keeping my family fed for dinner!

Sunday Dinner
As mentioned in my Sunday post, not much was happening in my kitchen on Sunday night!
Leftovers it was!
Choice of:
Chili
Leftover Rice and Beans
or
Garlic Parmesan Flatbread


Monday Dinner
I was wiped after yet another LONG day shopping at malls.  Really wanted to grab something take out but rallied and made a simple (maybe not the most healthy) meal:
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers
Sweet Potato Fries
Everyone was satisfied with this so I am considering it a win.


Tuesday Dinner
Steak
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sauteed Rainbow Swiss Chard with Garlic


Wednesday Dinner
Guppy 1's photo shoot went very long - almost 90 minutes in total!  And I gave in to the pleading for Chinese!
2 Pork Lo Mein Combination platters (G1 & Papa)
1 Quart Veggie Lo Mein (G2)
Sweet & Sour Chicken (me)
The good news was there was more than enough left over from everyone's meals to use for lunch the next day.  And, G2's lasted TWO more lunches!


Thursday Dinner
I wasn't feeling great physically but refused to do take out again!  So another easy meal night:
Mini Meatloaves
Buttered Noodles
Green Beans with Garlic


Friday Dinner
Bacon Broccoli Pasta
Baby Greens Salad
Ciabatta Rolls


Saturday Dinner
Guppy 2 spent the afternoon/evening at a marching band competition and had dinner there.
Papa and I went to a pig roast and ate a little bit (but not the pig) so when we got home we each had:
Butternut Bourbon soup
Ciabatta Roll
For Guppy 1 I made:
Spicy Udon with vegetables




Definitely not a stellar week but it got the job done!

Anything good on your dinner table last week?

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! I totally felt that way this week too. I was thinking that I was going to do okay and then I just couldn't go through with the plan. I made lasagna which was supposed to go on the freezer for later in the month but then we were so excited by it that we ate it instead of freezing!! YUM!! We have friends going through medical things with parents so I had the boys here all day and then the dads picked up pizza so that everyone would eat something so it was totally not in my plan and for the life of me, we can't figure out what we ate one night last week so maybe it was leftovers but I think that I might have lost my mind with the busy schedule. Glad I wasn't the only one and hope you have a success this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wouldn't have complained about having lasagna! But, I'm sure you will miss it later on this month when it's not in freezer as planned!
      I'm finding that as the girls are getting older it's getting harder to keep dinner plans. Things change randomly and I end up scrambling. What I really need to do is dedicate some time and energy to finding recipes and stocking the house with things that can be made quickly for the nights that plans change!
      So far so good with this week. Hope the same for you!

      Delete