Saturday, October 22, 2016

Rainy Day Farm Market Finds & Saturday Plans.....



There has to be something pretty special about a farmer's market that can pull me out of bed on a very rainy Saturday morning!

Papa and I huddled under our small umbrella (the only one he had in his car) and were rewarded for our tenacity....Although I will be the first to admit we only went with a few things in mind!  No browsing this week!

Total Spent:  $26

1 bottle whole milk
1 bottle heavy cream
1 pint cherry yogurt
1 pint blueberry yogurt
1 pint butternut bourbon soup
1 pint pumpkin/apple/bacon soup

We are souper excited (drum snare please! lol) about our soup finds!  We will actually be having them with dinner tonight!



On the way home from the farmer's market, I got an overwhelming urge to buy my favorite apples from my favorite in town orchard.  If you have never had a Winesap apple, do yourself a favor and seek them out!  They are amazing!

Total Spent:  $8.46

5 very large Winesap apples (all mine, mine, mine!)
4 Macoun apples (for Papa)




As for today's plans...

I promised the Guppies I would make the homemade version of Bennigan's Restaurant's "Broccoli Bites".  I tweaked the recipe I found online in a way that makes them more authentic but also more labor intensive for me.  But, today seems like a decent day to work on them.

I also have laundry on my to do list...what else is new, right?

Guppy 2 may be going to Lake Compounce's Halloween thing tonight but, with the rain that is predicted, I am trying to talk her out of going.  It seems like a waste of money if it's raining.  She tells me a lot of the haunted house takes place indoors but I also know there are actors outside roaming the park and some of the rides are usually open.  The rain would definitely damper the overall experience, IMO.

As for the rest of us (Papa, G1, and me), I think we are going to do a horror/scary movie night and just chill here at home.  I really hope this works out because I am so looking forward to it!


Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam! Your comment showed up twice and I deleted both by accident instead of just one! So sorry!
      The haunted hayride your daughter went on and the bonfire both sound like so much fun! I hope you enjoy your scary movies next weekend too!
      Guppy 2 didn't go to the amusement park because of the weather and just chilled at a friend's house and watched movies.
      As for us, Papa picked the movie on Netflix since we hardly ever let him decide. He chose Wes Craven's New Nightmare. It was okay but a little hokey. However, it was kind of nostalgic because we remember the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

      Delete